My Experience at USPS

fappy'97

As some of you know, I bought a car. Yesterday I got the check and had to mail it to NY so he would have it this morning.

4:02 PM- I arrive at the closest post office, and walk inside. It's a decent size room, with two "lanes". One is open, the other is closed while some old hag eats her sandwich.

4:10 PM- there are currently about 12 of us in line, I am inbetween Latisha and Antwuanette (who has two baby seats, whatever they're called. One was sitting on the floor and the other she was carrying, both were crying obnoxiously loud) and the rest of their fellow people, if you get the drift. (And this is where I start realizing I should have went this morning before they all woke up)

4:23 PM- come to find out, Latisha is the guy at the counter's niece. What a coincidence. While they're discussing relatives in the hospital, Latisha's son and baby daddy (btw, she looks to be about 17-20)

4:28 PM- I am sweating bullets being around all these loud creatures, they're singing songs, talkin about Arby's down the street, talking on their Obama phones, oh god, and the guy with the skunk hat... Nobody needs to know where you got it, pal. I want to blade at 45° and return to normal people territory ASAP

4:35 PM- I FINALLY get up to the counter. I ask the brotha at the counter, "Would you happen to know what the quickest way would be to get this to NY?" He hands me an envelope and states it is $11.99. Then hands me the slip for the address, name, etc.

4:37 PM- I get done filling out the form and slip the check inside and deal up the envelope. And then ask him if that is all I need to fill out, he responds "yes" and then returns to talking with some other jiggyboo.

4:43 PM- The next person in line is a middle aged Caucasian fellow. He lets me check out before him since he had known how long I was waiting, very kind of him.

4:44 PM- He scans the barcode and it comes up as $19.99, yup, $20 to ship a small envelope. At this point, I am starting to get a little upset. But oh well, my check is inside, and the form is filled out, way she goes.

4:46 PM- I pay him the $20, he doesn't have any change in the drawer. Whatever, it's only a penny.

THEN he tells me it requires a signature BY the person it is addressed to, which won't happen on a friday as he works until 4. This would've been nice to know before I paid and wasted my time. Seller of the car is picking up the envelope tomorrow at his post office. Should have just used a normal stamped envelope... Would have saved me $19.xx, 40 minutes, and all the stress from being around "those" people, plus, it would've been right in his mailbox Saturday and he wouldn't have had to make a trip into town.

/rant over.

So, let me see if I understand this correctly...

First, you wait until 4PM to get to the Post Office? I mean, that's not the time that most people get off work? Hmm OK..

Second, you should have researched and had your stuff filled out before you inconvenienced everyone else in line. It's not their fault you don't have the internet.. Oh, wait.

Third, obviously they aren't going to send something over night and risk it getting "misplaced." Obviously they would want a signature confirmation. Standard practice..

So, if I understand correctly.. You procrastinated in getting to the Post Office, you didn't check online to see what your options were and you spent too much money?

Sounds like you're the one at fault here.

First, you wait until 4PM to get to the Post Office? I mean, that's not the time that most people get off work? Hmm OK..

Second, you should have researched and had your stuff filled out before you inconvenienced everyone else in line. It's not their fault you don't have the internet.. Oh, wait.

Third, obviously they aren't going to send something over night and risk it getting "misplaced." Obviously they would want a signature confirmation. Standard practice..

So, if I understand correctly.. You procrastinated in getting to the Post Office, you didn't check online to see what your options were and you spent too much money?

C2BF644D-4DD7-4B96-9AA6-D5D753FBF6E4.jpg
  • Like 1

I got out of work at 3pm yesterday, then went to the bank to get the check. Because that's what us normal people do, we don't sell dope or food stamps to pay for what we want, unlike my post office brothas n sistas.

You're right, I should have printed out an online label, then went into the post office to drop it off and get my first class envelope, wouldn't have had to wait in line or anything! Silly me, I would have saved lots of time if I would have just thought ahead! Man, what an inconvenience to all those people, I sure feel bad about that. And how dare me ask a USPS worker something about MAIL!

Obviously I was far too distraught with the situation to think clearly about a signature. But still, seems like something the guy at the counter would've mentioned.

FFS. Just imagine if the people that worked at USPS had to baby sit every snot nosed little brat like you that comes in there. They wouldn't get shit done.

YOU are the exact reason the Post Office is doing so poorly.

Take some fucking responsibility for your poor judgment calls.