V-force Reeds

bansheelover

You would get more replys if this was posted in the repairs/mods forum (for future reference this forum is just for reviews of a product that YOU bought). Anyways... they do not perform on par w/ the price that you pay for them. Better off going w/ ported stock reed cages w/ tdr reeds.

Mike

I should've explained myself more.... The V-force reeds do show an improvment but not 200$ worth, you can take that 200$ and have your head shaved, get your reed cages ported and buy some aftermarket reeds(tdr, boyeson, v-force). That will show A LOT!! more of an improvment than 200$ on the reed setup alone, you will have some $$$ left over for oil&pushaline.

Mike

V-force are definitely worth the price.When it comes to low speed riding like woods/trails,they are definitely superior to any other reedcage.They are the best if your in the market to pick up some torque on the bottom.Ported reed cages are not the same as v-force,not when comparing low speed driveability

i have read from a relible sorce that on a drag motor even there was a 7hp gain over the ported cages this was on a dragg motor don't look to get them kinda gains over a regular motor i would run vforce 2's if you cna't aford them then the ported ones are a good alterntive

Almost 2yrs ago now, MobilDyno had a web page that showed results of most of the reed cages + Ported and the results were: DVF2's + Ported cages were the only 2 that made any difference of about only +2hp. The site is gone w/no copy :angry: and I did not copy any dyno sheets. But they showed DVF2's w/a steady +2hp bottom,mid+top ranges. The Ported w/TDR reeds showed same except +3 more hp on top-end. Since then I have read 2 things: The TDR's reeds often break and 1 person built a Dragg Racer that got +7hp for DVF2's on topend vs Ported cages. IMHO for MX + dune play depending how serious you are either 2 do about the same thing. I ride MX on Ported and have plenty of bottom-end. I say if you have the $220 to blow go for it, If you want a better value and dont care about a lable get the ported cages for $70+reeds for $33.

Read on and Ride Hard!

Scott []v[]

Whether they are worth the money or not is a relative statement. The bottom line is that they work and they work very well regardless of the price. Depending on your mods, your porting arrangement, and what your goals are in performance are, in some cases the are almost a neccessity to restore crisp throttle response on motors that are set up for upper mid to high end power curves...Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I have been readin bout v force reeds. I dont get it, i hear most ppl say that they r for top end machines. My ? is, r theybetter than ported reeds for mx style. I wanna tune my engine to run mx, but of course i still drag with my friends. I was just wonderin if they would help with low to mid as well as i have heard that they do on the top end. Thanks for ur help. Peace out.

I have been readin bout v force reeds. I dont get it, i hear most ppl say that they r for top end machines. My ? is, r theybetter than ported reeds for mx style. I wanna tune my engine to run mx, but of course i still drag with my friends. I was just wonderin if they would help with low to mid as well as i have heard that they do on the top end. Thanks for ur help. Peace out.

I've been really thinking about this myself to. I have a set in front of me. On top end I'm almost 100% positive you won't loose anything. If anything you'll gain because there is 4 petals opening and the don't have to be pulled by vacuum so hard to open and they can close faster because the distance is less to sealed. That's why the reeds also help in mx. I can see the theory behind them.