Help with air box mod

So i bought a stick air box with pro flow and k&n. I got the box used so it didn't come with the stock filter. The instructions on the k&n say to use the stock filter for the mod. I don't have it. I just tightened the shit outta the filter till it held to the pro flow. It feels tight. What are my options here? Has anyone else done this the same way as me? Will I get air leaks?

if by pro flow you mean the pro flow adapter than thats good. Just tighten the Filter onto the pro flow and your good to go as long as the pro flow is screwed to the box.

↑ this. as long as its on there tightly it will work just fine. Doesn't actually need the pro flow filter, just as long as the one you have fits and isnt going to fall off

if by pro flow you mean the pro flow adapter than thats good. Just tighten the gilter onto the pro flow and your good to go as long as the pro flow is screwed to the box

I was concerned because the pro flow adapter was so mush smaller than the filter opening. I had to tighten it a lot to get it to fit. And i'm not entirely sure its fitting perfect.

I was concerned because the pro flow adapter was so mush smaller than the filter opening. I had to tighten it a lot to get it to fit. And i'm not entirely sure its fitting perfect.

If you can't pull it off with your hand then it's good.

Yeah youre good to go.

Its just that with my fiances ltz 400 and her k&n setup the filter fit snug on the adapter without even having to tighten it. On my banshee when the filter was loose it seemed way too big. Whats up with the stock filter adapter mod? Is the k&n supposed to mount to it?

Its just that with my fiances ltz 400 and her k&n setup the filter fit snug on the adapter without even having to tighten it. On my banshee when the filter was loose it seemed way too big. Whats up with the stock filter adapter mod? Is the k&n supposed to mount to it?

Below is the stock filter and what foam filter goes on.

With the stock filter mod what they do is cut off those thin fin looking bits and then like the pro flow the k&n goes over the lip and you tighten it on.

$%28KGrHqJHJCoFE1zvFcszBRyGLyKuK!~~60_12

As said before. If it is tight and has no gaps then it is good and you shouldnt be worried.

Below is the stock filter and what foam filter goes on.

With the stock filter mod what they do is cut off those thin fin looking bits and then like the pro flow the k&n goes over the lip and you tighten it on.

$%28KGrHqJHJCoFE1zvFcszBRyGLyKuK!~~60_12

As said before. If it is tight and has no gaps then it is good and you shouldnt be worrie

Thanks for clearing that up. I feel better. Thanks man