tips for an MX Porting

hey guys,

i need some help. i want to port my banshee cylinders with an MX Port to gain power^^

unfortunaly, in germany there is no one who can do this. 

sothis port job must be self made.

can anyone tell whats the scret of an mx porting.

some little questions:

how does you port the intake / exhaust / eventually transfers? 

polish the exhaust to a blending mirror or not?

does anyone have an portmap or portig times for mx?

my actually mods you see in my signature.

i hope on some help^^

best regards from germany!

only a very very small minority of people know how to do this. They have taken extreme amounts of time(years) learning what measurements and port geometry works for different applications. Alot of which with trial and error, many sets of practice cylinders and money to get these cylinders just to get a good working port. Most any one who has this knowledge will most likely be very hesitant to share it on an open forum. Doing it yourself for the first time will most likely lead to needing another set of cylinders its not a simple task. Any money you think you may save doing it yourself would soon be lost when buying several sets of cylinders to get a good working port on them.Your best bet would be to contact a site sponsor and send them to them to have them do it for you.

There's not much simple stuff other than cleaning up the casting. You could widen the exhaust port while keeping a nice oval shape. Do not square it off. There's transfer tunnel work focusing on velocity. A modern dome design in the head would perk it up. Be careful not to change the height of the exhaust port.

@ coupelx

the RD 350 has 26 mm carbs^^

@ uman1030

sending them to a site sponsor is expensiv from germany. the costs are to high^^

Yes i realize this and i wish you good luck in your attempt. Just wanted to make you aware that getting a set of exactly matching ports on both cylinders if not done correctly will never run right. The cost of the proper tools alone is not cheap, coupled with the possible cost for another set of cylinders may greatly exceed the cost to ship them to be ported.

only a very very small minority of people know how to do this. They have taken extreme amounts of time(years) learning what measurements and port geometry works for different applications. Alot of which with trial and error, many sets of practice cylinders and money to get these cylinders just to get a good working port. Most any one who has this knowledge will most likely be very hesitant to share it on an open forum. Doing it yourself for the first time will most likely lead to needing another set of cylinders its not a simple task. Any money you think you may save doing it yourself would soon be lost when buying several sets of cylinders to get a good working port on them.Your best bet would be to contact a site sponsor and send them to them to have them do it for you.

its easy to spot the guys whove never touched a porting tool a moment in their life

he wants to try it himself so how about some help. not a lame 500 word essay of why he should send it to someone else. thats what parts changers do, send it somewhere else because they dont have a clue where to begin

robert if you have the tools and alittle mechanical knowledge you should do fine with the basics. maybe talk with pasi if hes in your area. perhaps he can give you some help

i can tell you a few simple things. larger radius on the roof does help the rings last longer but certainly isnt the best for power. a medium radius would be good for what your trying to do. i prefer not to knife edge any of the dividers but some guys do it. enlarging the exh below the transfers seems counterproductive imo. i think youll be better off widening the windows alittle without raising them much. this will get you some practice and you can try the engine. its easy to get the cylinders back off and do more work if you want. when you get more practice you can set them at a desired height . ive found it helpful to get your desired window shape and draw it on some stiff paper like a empty cereal box then cut it out and use for a template.

its easy to spot the guys whove never touched a porting tool a moment in their life

he wants to try it himself so how about some help. not a lame 500 word essay of why he should send it to someone else. thats what parts changers do, send it somewhere else because they dont have a clue where to begin

robert if you have the tools and alittle mechanical knowledge you should do fine with the basics. maybe talk with pasi if hes in your area. perhaps he can give you some help

i can tell you a few simple things. larger radius on the roof does help the rings last longer but certainly isnt the best for power. a medium radius would be good for what your trying to do. i prefer not to knife edge any of the dividers but some guys do it. enlarging the exh below the transfers seems counterproductive imo. i think youll be better off widening the windows alittle without raising them much. this will get you some practice and you can try the engine. its easy to get the cylinders back off and do more work if you want. when you get more practice you can set them at a desired height . ive found it helpful to get your desired window shape and draw it on some stiff paper like a empty cereal box then cut it out and use for a template.

I'm still waiting patiently for pictures of your alleged port work...... you talk like you have it all figured out. .but still no proof. So in my opinion, your input is invalid. :rolleyes:

Sent from a van down by the river

No shit Sherlock, So your saying its better to buy more money in tools to try to do a job that will most likely not turn out well. to SAVE money on something that will cost more money is not saving money. but then again math is not your strong suit obviously because a 148 word post is far from a 500 word essay. If your math skills are as good as your porting skills no wonder you have yet to show any evidence of actually knowing Anything about the subject except some stuff you repeated to pretend to look educated on the subject you know nothing about you fucking douchebag.

• Like 1

im sure hes smart enough to know $800 in tools is not a good investment for a short time use. theres cheaper tools that can be used. alot of used foredom stuff on ebay for cheap

its funny none of you dummies talk shit about the site sponsors for not showing pics.............

so why would i show your dumbass any pics

but anyways thats enough arguing with a parts changer. good day sir

robert im sure pasi can help you. in the future you may also look into other sites for addition help. most guys around here dont know their head from ass on the porting subject, as seen by uman1030's first response

its funny none of you dummies talk shit about the site sponsors for not showing pics.............

so why would i show your dumbass any pics

se

That's an easy one . It's because they don't get on here talking trash and making it seem like they are the only people thst know anything. ..unlike you have done.

So when someone wants to pose as a know it all ( you) ..i say prove it.

Still waiting on you to prove your superior work.

Sent from a van down by the river

• Like 1