Banshee reving high after going through water

I've never been to LS are there creeks and shit like that you have to go through? I was under the impression it was just desert...

he said badlands Indiana not LS.
  • Like 1

he said badlands Indiana not LS.

This ^^^^

Oh what ever, lol well I find that an airbox helps in the wetlands on the eastcoast I mean you cant argue the fact that water in your airfilter/motor is no bueno so like I said I run a box when its been raining and honestly it didn't make a noticeable difference in riding power, im sure the dyno would show some difference but im honestly not one of those "I got 100hp banshee" dudes I really could care less as long as I can have fun and without an airbox in water the bike DONT run IDC what anyone says

• Like 1

Oh what ever, lol well I find that an airbox helps in the wetlands on the eastcoast I mean you cant argue the fact that water in your airfilter/motor is no bueno so like I said I run a box when its been raining and honestly it didn't make a noticeable difference in riding power, im sure the dyno would show some difference but im honestly not one of those "I got 100hp banshee" dudes I really could care less as long as I can have fun and without an airbox in water the bike DONT run IDC what anyone says

unless your running the lid/snorkle it barely helps keep the water out. when the water splashes up to the seat hit hits the edge and funnels right into the airbox cause of no lid then down on to the filter. even worse if its mucky water as it clogs the drain vent inside and then there is a pool of water inside the airbox. Popped my first banshee engine this way.  Hydro-lock blew both lower piston rings right off. and it was just a water filled rut, not very deep like 8" deep but about 10ft long. in a trail just out of a corner. Came up on me so fast i couldnt do anything but cringe. lesson learned..

Guess I'll ride with the lid on. I'll have an outerwear too. I live on the northern Westcoast and deal with rain daily. I love my banshee so hopefully this helps. Otherwise I'll have to look into getting a 450 4 stroke

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

i avoid water at all costs. I hardly call a water filled single tire rut swamping it. And it smoked my pistons/rings. Water terrifies me now. that was my first and hopefully my last experience with water at high speed. now i make sure im going super slow if i cross any water no mater how shallow.  By high speed i mean it was more like 2nd or 3rd on band through a series of wide trails where a truck made a rut right out of a corner which filled with rain water. Didnt have time to do anything.

• Like 1

I'll ride with the lid on. If it's dry I'll take it off. I like the idea of a splash guard. I'll build a drain hole with a piece of tubing so the box doesn't fill with water. Just lucky I didn't learn the hard way and my shee is okay.

It was unavoidable at my speed without knowing it was there already and definitely NOT intentional. I dont even like riding in water at all well before this happen.  I have jetski's if i want to play in water. Was only one side of the bike and lasted less then a second. I wasnt hardly even wet afterwords.  Bike didnt die immediately it eventually just stalled and never started again. But yes obviously the bike shouldnt have been there since it cost me a top end. And yes ofcoarse everything has its limits they just aren't much with these bikes if your rpms are high. I let off thethrottle but the backloading of it still sucked it in.

I'll ride with the lid on. If it's dry I'll take it off. I like the idea of a splash guard. I'll build a drain hole with a piece of tubing so the box doesn't fill with water. Just lucky I didn't learn the hard way and my shee is okay.

You may have to jet differently with and without lid. Pick one and stick with it. Only make yourself have to jet for temp and elevation changes. You will drive yourself nuts jetting for lid on and lid off every other day. Jmo