Waste of time....?

GOAT

Score one for the home team! I'm from east central oklahoma.

Pistons, stock head, and obviously the crank is all trash. Mic the cylinders and see what you come up with. Depending on what your budget, you can get as wild and crazy as you want with these bikes.

If your wanting to just keep it stock and get it running again it won't hurt your wallet as bad. You can find a lot of great deals in the for-sale section on here. 

You can also call and ask questions to any of our site sponsors. They would be glad to help you. I would personally recommend FAST Racing or Redline Racing.

After some more studying and numbers crunching. I think I will be  going with new cylinders, head, rotating assembly and accompanying gaskets and bearings. I would like to stay stockish.. But definately would love 15ish or so horsepower over stock.. As I think that's about where my buddies at. Feels about right for what I need. Seeing as how I almost bought a Honda TRX700XX just before I found this for 3K. I figure that will be my budget... 3K on the rebuild. Surely you guys can help me spend my money hahaha.

Also I guess this will become the official build thread. Stay tuned!

3K was to include +2+1 control arms and accompanying component's ..  Aswell as +2 swing arm.. I'm not exactly sure I could handle a 421 cub? Idk ? Why I figured start with a great foundation, can always yank the cylinders and head to do top end work and porting.. That's where the powers at, if i'm not mistaken...Correct? Wanting to go to LS* Little Sahara* this summer.. Don't exactly want to be left behind... But definitely would like something I could trail, wheelie my pasture air out and maybe a few drags. I had plenty of fun on a stockish one, just not wanting to build something I wont/ cant ride often.

Total noob.. But what's a 421 serval? Wats something like that going to cost? And is it something I could do myself? I was going to do this rebuild.

A 421 serval is an aftermarket cylinder kit that goes with a 4mm stroker crank. It is geared toward a good all around power that is still user friendly and still hold its own racing.

Yes, you can assemble it yourself as long as you are even slightly mechanically inclined.

Sent from a van down by the river

Thanks Sprinklerman. You've been a good bit of help. Is Titan the "mastermind/bees knees" of these particular modifications? Cheaper alternatives then what I see from them that are just as good?

Thanks Sprinklerman. You've been a good bit of help. Is Titan the "mastermind/bees knees" of these particular modifications? Cheaper alternatives then what I see from them that are just as good?

I guess I don't follow your question. But with this setup, you can assemble it yourself. No need for a mastermind, haha. The modifications have already been done by Redline Racing. It's been ported, tested and Dyno'd. A "stock" or "as cast" Serval makes a smidgen over 75hp. As you can see this one is worked over ,making 90hp. It is used , so I'll be cheaper than a new one...but a new one won't make 90hp either..unless you add it on from your builder..usually another 250.00 -350.00 on top of the parts prices.

Sent from a van down by the river