Waste of time....?

GOAT

I'll make it simple for you. Just buy the Redline ported 4mm stock cyls I offered you. It's already setup properly and has domes cut to spec. I also have a 4mm Hot Rods crank. All you have to do is get a base gasket and put it together. You won't find a better deal on some top notch work. There's a lot if mismatched crap out there. .This is not that.

Sent from a van down by the river

• Like 1

With the 4 mil guys used to run a spacer plate and do less port work. Now with the modern school o thought guys will leave the cylinder closer to the case deck on just a single gasket and adjust ports from there. It allows a builder to get a bit more usable power keeping the ports down lower in relation to the crank plus it's more reliable with less gaskets to keep sealed.

Now on to the head. You obviously need to address the problem with the piston now poking out of the cylinder. You don't correct that by "milling" the head. You "Rechamber" the head instead. Some cases you would do both. Even if the head is milled( raises compression) you can still Rechamber the dome areas for better dome profiles and adjust the compression ratio as desired.

Definately buying sprinklermans package deal, can't pass that up.. Aswell as giving a fellow okie some money towards going faster.

With that said, I bought a windowed motor today. Standard cylinders.. I think just poor chain maintenance took it out. Either way I bought it for transmission parts. 1-4 overide/dunable. just to see how I'd like it. Will be buying a case and building this as a backup motor. Stay tuned, parts should start trickling in shortly.

Nothing major but did get to put a couple hours in on it today. Majority time spent cleaning weld for some rock damage, Didn't get to power wash it.. But did find time to scratch around in it with a little paper. Tomorrow we degrease, rinse and repeat then disassemble further. Going to do it I sections so not to clutter my super messy shop up any further.

286D2D3E-28D6-458B-BDF5-89F4223A43BA_zps

A0FFDA41-5DA7-428D-9A92-E6DCB24C6380_zps

0BEED3A5-6A15-440D-BB34-1F820A1A7A8F_zps

I hope you realize with what type if build you have been expressing an override trans will be of no use. Duneable or not pretty much no override will handle backload which means anytime your not accelerating forward the clutch must be pulled in until almost all speed has been lost. Also no down shifting. Hopefully this isn't all regurgitated info but I have a feeling your not aware of what an override is.

I am, just buying an extra gear set.. to play with. Hell see if I even can. Just a tinkerer. Thanks though.

Would you happen to know of any other good tranny mods other then the shift star mod?

the stock modded trans is a deff necessity with the top end your going to use.  

but no one has even asked the other questions that are very necessary...  what reeds do you have  what pipes?  do you have a billet basket? HD clutch? billet bearing'd clutch pusher>? good carbs? what kind of intake, air filter setup are you planning on?  these are all very necessary to complete a build and make it reliable..  also look up a leak down tester and either build one or invest in one.  they are cheap/ easy to build....  i'm guessing the 4 mill from sprinkler man has domes and/ or a head also ( which will make a very easy to assemble setup )   have you checked the frame for being bent, front end, shocks, axle bearings etc etc??  your 3k budget is very doable and should end up with a nice fun bike  especially if your going to do all the labor yourself. 

Thanks Camatv! Awesome post and excellent points. I pretty much have.. nothing.. I believe theres some boyeson reeds in the bike. I pulled them and all I can find is a " B 1" on the side of them. Intake.. I think it was taken after the bike was blown, aswell as exhaust... I plan on going CPI. No billet basket, going to be buying brand new clutch setup after I get the motor together. Carbs are stock still with TORS, which at the least ill be removing them.. possibly upgrading later but taking care of the essentials is whats most important to me, if im down a few ponies due to a missing piece that wont bother me. I will get to it when the time is right.

My friend has the leak down tester, aswell as the clymers*sp* manual. Sprinklermans setup comes with domes, no actual head.. I will be needing a head as mine is trashed. Any recommendations?
Frames not bent, Ive enough experience straightening automotive frames and building backhalf/4 links that seeing the damage I had to break out the plumb bobs and see if she was in align, which she is... Just akward looking hole that was probably from rocks. Its reinforced and gusseted.. And honestly cant tell it ever happened.

Front shocks are blown, rear seems okay. Either way they will all be getting replaced. A arms and balljoints are all actually great. Axle bearings spin good without a chain, will probably replace aswell.
Again thanks loads for all of you guys help! Any and all further recommendations or must haves are much appreciated!

Couple more hours on it today. Didn't have my bigger sockets for the impact to get the clutch basket off, anyone know what size it is exactly?

Also what would cause the stator to burn up like this?

4B4A3DEB-446A-44D9-9EFE-F76A6995B76E_zps

Also, gotta love the idiot who decided he shouldn't rebuild the motor because e strippe every clutch case bolt!

0FD17512-A3B9-4B68-AE13-6461861E1A8D_zps

Gotem out, Definately going to need to replace them. Any other options out there besides Phillips head?