Misfire question?

89mustang

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got everything for the leak down test. The only thing I found leaking was the intake boot on the left hand side where I put the PVC in. I have stock carbs 1" PVC is the only thing that's close enough in size. The boot isn't sealing around that. Any suggestions?

Crank down on it. The 1 inch is what you need for stock boots.

↑ use the boot clamps to tighten intake onto pvc

I say that because I had the same issue. It boiled down to I was being a vagina about tightening the clamps onto the PVC leak down tester. I was afraid I was gonna bust the pipe or hurt the rubber boot. Long story short. Crank on it.

I'll give her hell tomorrow but it was both eyes of the clamps were touching haha

If that fails. Make sure the boots aren't ripped. If the boots are ok. The get another clamp yours may be stretched. That's a long shot but it is possible.

I would first just see if they arent tight and you can just tighten then up a little bit. have they been removed recently? In my experience when ive removed the reed cages if they have been on for a great deal of time they tore the gaskets pretty bad and i had to clean up the surface and use new ones.