I need some OPINIONS

Trevf98

I have a 06 yfz 450 it has a gytr brush guard, ac nerf bars, pro taper bars, and a dubach racing slip on... This guy wants to trade me his 05 banshee it has a dmc full exhaust system, reeds, jetted, new plastics and a new seat, new tires, and skid plates, dg brush guard..., should I do it is it fair in my part or am I getting ripped off...

Edited by Trevf98

A title is a bill of sale! Just one that is registered, if in the case a "bill of sale" wouldnt work, than I could say every atv that I sold was stolen and get them back! But I can't because I wrote a bill of sale showing that I sold it with my signature on it! Just keep your bill of sale filed that you got when you bought it and make a new one if your that worried about it!

A title is a bill of sale! Just one that is registered, if in the case a "bill of sale" wouldnt work, than I could say every atv that I sold was stolen and get them back! But I can't because I wrote a bill of sale showing that I sold it with my signature on it! Just keep your bill of sale filed that you got when you bought it and make a new one if your that worried about it!

No.

I title is PROOF OF OWNERSHIP.

A bill of sale is PROOF OF PAYMENT.

If you have a machine that had 3 previous owners...and all you have is a bill of sale, let's look at what that can mean.....

If it was EVER reported stolen by ANYONE. ....Your bill of sale only proves you're guilty of receiving stolen goods. Cops still take machine and return it to the last owner of record (whoever had the last title) or an insurance company (if they paid on a claim) or with no title of record....it is sold at police auction.

A bill of sale in your hand DOES NOT PROVE YOU OWN ANYTHING. All is proves is that YOU PAID THE LAST PERSON IN FULL. Proof of payment in full does NOT make you the owner by law.

There is always someone who comes on here and says "Our state doesn't issue titles."

They are wrong......at the least a Bill of origin is issued. THAT PAPERWORK is what you are supposed to submit to the state to generate a title.

If you have a machine WITHOUT A TITLE.... you don't OWN IT....you're just in possession of it. If I met you at a ride spot and loaded it in my truck and drove off.....you could callbthe cops and I would get busted for theft. .....but without a title in your name....THEY WILL NOT RETURN THE MACHINE TO YOU.

Moral of the story......get a title.

• Like 2