Rebuilding my first top end

89mustang

I just recently got my cylinders back from fast. I had Jeff clean up the cylinders I have a 64.50 bore size. My question is the wiesco pistons I have a dimple in the ring grooves where the ring ends would stop they are staggered. When I was reading my clymers manual it says to center them up with the wrist pin. Which way is correct? I appreciate any help.

Think your confusing rings and cir-clips possibly. Maybe im reading it wrong.

edit i should elaborate: Rings will go on with the pins protruding thru the gap area no other way to do this, the cir clip gap should be either straight up or straight down centered on the wrist pin.

I wish I could up load pics. It the clymers manual it says the ring ends to center them with the wrist pin hole. The wiesco pistons have a stop its on the side that faces the reed cages they seem like the sit the grooves good. I've never rebuilt a top end before. I just don't want to tear it up on start up. I hope that helps more

i was taught that by my grandpa when i was young. Ive also been told that by more then one mechanic.  It was explained to me that if its not inline with the connecting rod that  the movement of the piston can cause wear on the circlips by  closing their gap slightly millions of times over time,  causing premature wear and eventually lead to failure. Buddy went to school to be a motorcycle mechanic and told me they taught him that also.