Sleeving just one cylinder

sangheraent

Ok so I am weighing my options on how to get my banshee back up and running one cylinder is perfectly fine with a couple bores left on it and the other is toast. I was thinking of sleeving the one side and boring it out to the next size up on the other cylinder. 

So even though I sleeved it I would still be at 65.50. I know the sleeve has to be port matched and all that stuff but is this a viable option? 

I really just want to save the cylinders they are HJR ported 4mill cylinders that hauled pure ass. 

I know I can bore the sleeved cylinder up to like 67mm so when my other cylinder gets to its max I can always consider sleeving it so I can keep going. 

My history with top ends is that they usually go years this top end went 4 years with $2 premix and still had more life if it didn't destruct. So if you think 2 bores won't last me long that's minimum like 8 years and this top end is going on my wifes bike so that will be like 16 years. I ride my dirt bike every weekend to hell and back and it has 3 years on the top end with 180 compression. 

Is it going to be reliable with a difference like that? I'm no expert but I feel like one cylinder will make a hair more power then the other carb syncing will be tougher but thats no big deal but wouldn't the pressure on the crank be uneven? like one side is trying to turn a hair faster then the other causing pressure on the crank? 

can't I take the stock jug to like 66? so I would have 65.50 65.75 and then 66? or am I wrong on that one? 

Ugly situation. If it were me, I'd buy new cyls and have them ported, sleeve both of your current cyls and port match them, or finally step up to an aftermarket mono jug set up.

I Agree. I'm having them both sleeved this is the kind of shit that leaves me at camp while my buddies ride. and Actually because of the damn currency exchange I save $180 by sleeving both cylinders rather then buying new ones and having them ported.