Questions about race gas

dburnexx

I never said I ran it in my engine...what the fuck. It runs dirtier but you could say not so much in a bad way.lead buildup.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

So you're going to stand behind the whole "lead buildup " issue...even though YOU'VE never ran it?..but WE have..and said that it's not true?

Sent from a van down by the river

I dont need to run it in my personal shit I'm around it at work dumbass...I know its properties. I dont care what you think is and isn't true.

Yes...great source of info! Someone who hasn't actually tried what that are talking about. Haha

Best source of info ever!

Dont confuse lead buildup with carbon buildup either. Its not significant anyways. I'm around jet a and jp8 more but I'm around av gas too and have talked to enough people I work with also to know about it as well. Did anyone find info on it running "dry" and removing oil during combustion as well?

Dont confuse lead buildup with carbon buildup either. Its not significant anyways. I'm around jet a and jp8 more but I'm around av gas too and have talked to enough people I work with also to know about it as well. Did anyone find info on it running "dry" and removing oil during combustion as well?

I heart forum dwellers. Gotta love when people lurk the forums and google enough to think they know more about a subject that some one works around and does in person.

See..you keep saying that but you're missing one important fact: We HAVE ran the stuff in the application we are speaking on...YOU have NOT . So who is talking out of their ass and who's not?

Btw, no Google search here..i have many years of use to back my findings. So do plenty of others including actual engine builders. All you've done is talk with workmates about it. How many of them build banshee engines?

Regular race gas and AV gas is no where near the same... av gas has high lead content and certain additives for weight and balance purposes of aviation. Also has certain additives to prevent vapor lock and running at different elevations elevations. It may seem to run fine and it usually does just keep in mind that because of alot of additives and the lead it will run in your engine very dirty. Just make sure you use 100LL its the blue shit. Theres a few different kinds some places carry. if you go to a small airport they will sometimes sell it to you but you might need to provide a fake tail number just so they will sell. Just say like 88-0225 or anything like that,

Isn't this refered to as altitude ?

The weight and balance deal is that is has certain magical secret ingredients for different altitudes and whatnot.

Talking    out    your    ass.

Your use of "Magical" and "Whatnot" are so well articulated.  :down:

It only has additives to aid in raising octane to fight detonation. Those happen to work well at also fighting vapor issues when planes do a quick decent.

Race fuel has MORE additives simply because they are trying to do the same work with less of that magical lead we always used.

You have it backwards….todays race fuel is the chemical cocktail because they are trying to use different products to raise octane without using lead.

Not surprised this would catch the attention of thecAlmighty arguer. With a dyno to his defense for every argument.

ALSO NOTE: This has caught the attention of a few veteran site members who actually KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. 

I don't argue with everyone. You obviously however have hit my radar before thanks to your willingness to spread and repeat bullshit info. People like you I'm more than willing to tune up in the interest of keeping the info available on this site as accurate as possible.

Keep talking….your bound to be right sooner or later.  :shootself:

I dont need to run it in my personal shit because my bike IS a lame ass piece of shit with a Ghey ass comical 80's bumper…….I'M AROUND IT ALL DAY AT WORK dumbass.

:Clue:

Yeah, now I'm beginning to really worry about the side effects of lead on the brain. People can chose to believe you if they want….but I'm betting more will trust the input from Sprinklerman,and others as well as myself. Lets see how many people hit the "Like This" option for any of YOUR comments…... ;)

No "Magical secrete ingrediants for different altitudes and whatnot".

Just basic additives to met OCTANE REQUIREMENTS.

See -

http://generalaviationnews.com/2012/10/14/why-does-100ll-cost-so-much/

Edited by WINDYCITYJOHN400

I hope I do catch a veterans attention I am one. Everyone is also missing the fact I never said it was bad and not to run it in a banshee....unbelievable. that's how everyone is taking it though. Whatever floats your boat. And yes john I know you love the likes and your banshee is the best around in the whole wide world.

I already mentioned early I'm clueless and have no idea what the hell im talking about. I also said I dont know how it works with 2 stroke mix. Love when people only nit pick the little things or an argument and miss the whole general point.