Questions about race gas

dburnexx

Regular race gas and AV gas is no where near the same... av gas has high lead content and certain additives for weight and balance purposes of aviation. Also has certain additives to prevent vapor lock and running at different elevations. It may seem to run fine and it usually does just keep in mind that because of alot of additives and the lead it will run in your engine very dirty. Just make sure you use 100LL its the blue shit. Theres a few different kinds some places carry. if you go to a small airport they will sometimes sell it to you but you might need to provide a fake tail number just so they will sell. Just say like 88-0225 or anything like that,

Regular race gas and AV gas is no where near the same... av gas has high lead content and certain additives for weight and balance purposes of aviation. Also has certain additives to prevent vapor lock and running at different elevations. It may seem to run fine and it usually does just keep in mind that because of alot of additives and the lead it will run in your engine very dirty. Just make sure you use 100LL its the blue shit. Theres a few different kinds some places carry. if you go to a small airport they will sometimes sell it to you but you might need to provide a fake tail number just so they will sell. Just say like 88-0225 or anything like that,

Some of your info is inaccurate.

1. 100ll does NOT run "dirty".

2. Additives for weight and balance?

That being said, it isn't legal to run in anything but an aircraft.

Sent from a van down by the river

in my experience 100ll does not run dirty.

unless i misunderstood the gas company that sells it, it is illegal for on highway usage because it does not have road taxes added. so offroad vehicles should be fine.

i dont know about the weight and balances, but when jetted correctly it runs great.

That info is not inaccurate?...yes weight and balance is just meant for aviation purposes. Doesn't affect anything else. Yes it runs dirty you could say I work on aircrafts dont tell me what I say is inaccurate get the hell outta here. Very high lead content, extra additives compared to regular fuel ,contains no detergents. It is Also is a little harder on rings because its made to remove oil during combustion to prevent plug fouling and It runs real dry.

Not saying dont use just telling you some facts about it. Many people have had good luck with it in all kinds of shit. Me personally I'd run in it in most things but for a banshee I probably wouldn't run it consistently.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

That info is not inaccurate?...yes weight and balance is just meant for aviation purposes. Doesn't affect anything else. Yes it runs dirty you could say I work on aircrafts dont tell me what I say is inaccurate get the hell outta here. Very high lead content, extra additives compared to regular fuel ,contains no detergents. It is Also is a little harder on rings because its made to remove oil during combustion to prevent plug fouling and It runs real dry.

Not saying dont use just telling you some facts about it. Many people have had good luck with it in all kinds of shit. Me personally I'd run in it in most things but for a banshee I probably wouldn't run it consistently.

Yea.. Im saying your info IS inaccurate, in the areas i mentioned.  I think you are misunderstanding the term "Specific Gravity " for one thing. Unless you're referring to something else?  They don't add or subtract "weight" from the fuel for aviation purposes . :unsure:

2nd:   I repeat,,it is NOT a "dirty" fuel. It does NOT contribute to contamination of an engine.  Aircraft are held to some of the HIGHEST standards when it comes to fuel. Ive ran 100LL for over 15yrs in various 2stroke engines and have NEVER found a sign of buildup from 100LL. I did months of research on the topic before using it. There is TONS of false info passed around on the subject...especially from people who just pass info around.

BTW:  No matter how you portray it, 100LL is infinity cleaner than todays "pump" gas which we are supposed to be running. I still hold to the fact that real Race Fuel is superior  to either pump or 100LL in a full race engine setup for it.

I never said they added or subtracted weight wtf...you can Google away or whatever you want I dont care what research you do. I work on airplanes...I know this shit first hand. If you REALLY think high lead content, other additives that dont apply to our engines, no detergents and a chemical composition that is made to remove oil during combustion, making it run a little dryer. If you REALLY think that doesn't change anything at all then go for it I really dont care. Its aviation fuel. Its not going to have properties meant for anything else other then aviation simple as that. The one thing I will say I dont know is how it reacts with 2 stroke mixed oil. It might take away from some of those properties I mentioned or make them matter less.

I never said they added or subtracted weight wtf...you can Google away or whatever you want I dont care what research you do. I work on airplanes...I know this shit first hand. If you REALLY think high lead content, other additives that dont apply to our engines, no detergents and a chemical composition that is made to remove oil during combustion, making it run a little dryer. If you REALLY think that doesn't change anything at all then go for it I really dont care. Its aviation fuel. Its not going to have properties meant for anything else other then aviation simple as that. The one thing I will say I dont know is how it reacts with 2 stroke mixed oil. It might take away from some of those properties I mentioned or make them matter less.

What WERE you referring to when you said " weight and balance"?

Also,,just because you "work" on aircraft doesn't mean jack crap on a Banshee or 2 stroke for that matter. You could be washing aircraft for all we know. What i DO know is,,you don't know JACK about Banshees.

Im just trying to stop the flow of MiS-INFORMATION being spread on this topic.

• Like 1

Just to make you happy because I'm beating a dead horse here I'll just let you believe what you want and I'll take away everything I said. You sir are the victor. Regardless of me working on a air mobility base that is also right next to civilian airport and am around this shit constantly. You the banshee king thread lurking Googler reigns as the champion.

I have ran Turbo Blue for a while in my quads, it is a lead race fuel. My engines loved it. And you keep saying high lead, 100LL is low lead. If it was high lead, it would be called 100HL.

Main thing about AV gas it is usually for steady rpm.

As for the weight and balance, that has to do with the weight and balance of the plane. Meaning you don't load one wing with more fuel than the other so it is balance.

Its high lead compared to anything else. Its low compared to other ac fuels like 25% less than green av. The weight and balance factor doesn't matter for anything but planes just has certain chemicals to aid with this at different pressures and density characteristics.

Just keep in mind I'm clueless and am just guessing.

. The weight and balance factor doesn't matter for anything but planes just has certain chemicals to aid with this at different pressures

Wtf are you talking about? The only "weight and balance factor" in an aircraft is how much fuel is in the tank and where it's placed. It makes no difference if it's 100ll or jet A as long as you know the lbs/gal.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hey man. It's nothing personal. I just don't care for mis- information.

I know several professional engine builders who advocate it for 2 stroke engines of various types. ( In lesser tune than a 110 octane engine requires , but more than pump). I also know several people who have used it exclusively for longer than me (15 yrs at least) with great success ..... so now you are saying all of this REALLY WORLD experience in invalid ?

That's all I'm getting at.

Sent from a van down by the river

I actually said many people have ran it with good success if you read that... and i never said anything telling you not to use it. I did say i wouldnt run it personally.Just stating facts about it most people dont realize. You are now putting words in my mouth? Im saying all of your whatever experience is invalid? Um no... I think your missing the fact that this is aviation purposed fuel. Are you REALLY surprised its alot different than other fuels or did you honestly think its not much different at all? Thats the sad part, not sure why your having a hard time with this. Just like if you switched this around and ran non av gas in planes theres gonna be alot of negatives effects i would only imagine.

PS im just guessing btw i dont actually know anything. They should probably rename AV gas to like anything gas or maybe banshee fuel to clear up the confusion.