not quite sure what the problem is

garrod

hey so iv got a 2005 banshee and iv been messin with my jetting for awhile and the other day I pulled it in the shop to swap the mains out and now it wont start. I had finished putting new main jets in and tried to fire it up and wouldn't start, checked for spark and there was no spark then put clean plugs in to see if im getting any fuel on em and there was no moisture when I took em out. so I took both my carbs off and cleaned them along with installing a new coil to see if that was the problem and that didn't solve it either. does it have to do with the electrical ? could the whole wiring harness have a problem or something like that? thanks

I have a hard time believing your electrical system took a shit or there is a fuel delivery problem since it ran right before you changed jets. There is a cross over tube(small rubber hose) that runs from carb to carb. I bet you forgot to hook that back up.

does your bike still have the TORS or the parking brake still on it?  Are you sure you had the key and the kill switch in the on position when you were checking for spark (not saying anything bad but ive seen people do some dumb shit when they realize their bike isn't working correctly)

Have you accounted for the colder weather in your jetting?  May want to think about that (if you haven't) before you melt your pistons.  Stock carbs?  Have you made sure that the choke tube is still installed between the two carbs?

check and report back.

• Like 1

I double checked to make sure that cross over choke tube was hooked up and all was good with the carbs... when I was trying to start it it would sit there and drain fuel straight out the drain tubes off the carbs like something was stuck open, that's when I popped the carbs back off and checked them out and cleaned them. my throttle did feel like it had a looser pull like the slides were stuck open. when I was trying to start it. 

Postive the slides are in correctly? Are the float bowls on the right carbs? They ARE different. The left carb with the choke plunger has a small brass bb in the bottom side of the bowl. This has a metering jet to allow for the cross tube between the two carbs. If installed incorrectly the unit will be hard to start and run terrible, spitting and popping and such.

If all else fails - do a leakdown test. Make sure u are not experiencing a lean condition in your engine. A leaky intake or crank seal will make it a bitch to get an engine started.

Postive the slides are in correctly? Are the float bowls on the right carbs? They ARE different. The left carb with the choke plunger has a small brass bb in the bottom side of the bowl. This has a metering jet to allow for the cross tube between the two carbs. If installed incorrectly the unit will be hard to start and run terrible, spitting and popping and such.

If all else fails - do a leakdown test. Make sure u are not experiencing a lean condition in your engine. A leaky intake or crank seal will make it a bitch to get an engine started.

I will check that tomorrow morning, could it be a kill switch or key ignition gone bad ??

I've seen a key switch go bad - odd...somehow the contacts were reversed (stock banshee switch correct for the year and harness) off was on and on was off...threw me for a hell of a loop for a while, kick ur ass off before it would even attempt to start so for sure test your switches if you have not already done so.

One thing I hate is when people come here, ask questions about there banshee issues and then never end up coming back to say how they fixed the issue or what caused the issue.

^ this

One thing I hate is when people come here, ask questions about there banshee issues and then never end up coming back to say how they fixed the issue or what caused the issue.

Sorry guys iv been out of service last couple days working .... Ordered some stuff for the banshee the other day before I took off and the key ignition will hopefully cure it but I'll be sure to let you guys know