Got my Elka's today!

uman1030

Finally got my Elka's today! Was about to put them on and I was reading the shipping info and noticed that the rear was set up for stock swingarm. Not +4 like I had wanted, kinda bummed out as these are made to order but we are only human and mistakes do happen. Left a message with whom I purchased them in hopes there is something that can be done to rectify this, so fingers are crossed. They are nice looking though. Excited to finally have descent suspension

u3aberad.jpg

yeh mine was the same kinda, i looked at the spec sheet and my rear shock was setup for a +3 nor a +4. i looked on the PMs and i stated it was +4.

so some one cant write or remember things.

Did they correct this? If so, how did they do this?

Not worried about downtime as My engine is also out at F.A.S.T getting redone also. i dont really plan on riding till the weather warms up and the snow melts. Just want to get it all set up perfect till then. Think ive put more money into my Banshee this year then i have my truck the last couple years lol..

new motor, new shocks, Alba LT a arms, +4 fireball swinger. going to be a whole different experience out in the trails now!

Not super surprising since i did change my mind on shock length the very next day after ordering. Initially i stated stock swinger but very next day i sent a message saying change it to +4 cause i will be getting a new swing arm and i want them to be setup for the new one. Message was acknowledged with a return message saying ok i will make those changes and said that i will have to use my stock shock untill i get the +4 swinger since the new shock setup for +4 will be too long for a stock swing arm. Probably got side tracked and forgot to make the revisions before sending out the work order.

no i found out to late, i was cleaning up the garage and i seen all the elka receipts, and i seen the +3 swingarm quoted.

it was about 4 months from me getting them, to finding the paper work. so i left it at that.

im in australia, so sending stuff around is gonna be a pita.

Bummer,on the bright side, the 1" difference was probably barely noticeable if at all.

yeh kinda what i was thinking, but would be nice to get it all perfect as it was bought all new. 

i reckon who ever sold you that will swap it for the right one anyway. or just call up elka and give them the serial number off the shock, see what it comes back as.

i dont ride anyway, ive had the shocks on my bike for like 8 months, still havent used them haha.