Stroker or big bore

Tucker0713

I've got a new banshee all stock with t5's. I wanna either get a big bore kit or stroker kit(can't afford both). Which will work with stock carbs better. Which one should I get for drag, I've already got heavy clutch setup on the way and I'm still deciding what length swingarm to get. Give me some recommendations. And is there a way that I could get a stroker kit then later get a big bore with out complications and vice versa with big bore then stroker.

+4 Stroker crank. You can go to a blaster piston and jump into that bigger size with the stock cylinders.

+6 arm.

To use stock cylinders and blaster pistons, you would have to bore your cylinders to 66mm..  Waste of money not to mention cylinder life..    Buy the long rod +4 crank, use 795 pistons and get porting done.  When the time comes for the big bore..  Sell the cylinders and buy a cub/serval kit and use your bottom end.   

A well ported and setup stock cylinder 4mil will rip.  you probably wont even want a "big bore"...  well.. probably will.. but at that point you'll go past a 421..

Stay away from big bore kits for stock jugs. Get the 4mm crank and port the cylinders. My last motor was a big bore in stock jugs. What a nightmare to keep it sealed up past 68 mm if you wanna run any compression and timing. My current motor is 4mm ported stock cylinders and it is far ahead of what my big bore was capable of doing. The only difference is my new motor is 40/50 CC's smaller so there was a bit of a displacement advantage which helped lugging it out of a turn or up a hill. But that's fixable with a bit of clutching. If you want more then the stroked ported stock cyls can give ya, then get a new monoblock type of cylinder and move up.

To use stock cylinders and blaster pistons, you would have to bore your cylinders to 66mm..  Waste of money not to mention cylinder life..    Buy the long rod +4 crank, use 795 pistons and get porting done.  When the time comes for the big bore..  Sell the cylinders and buy a cub/serval kit and use your bottom end.   

A well ported and setup stock cylinder 4mil will rip.  you probably wont even want a "big bore"...  well.. probably will.. but at that point you'll go past a 421..

Agree 100%. Don't know what you're thinking for budget, but you should plan on about $1,000 for crank, pistons, bore, porting, gaskets, seals,modded trans, domes, etc. If you don't have that to spend, you need to rethink where you want to go with this.

Edited by Starwriter

Agree 100%. Don't know what you're thinking for budget, but you should plan on about $1,000 for crank, pistons, bore, porting, gaskets, seals,modded trans, etc. If you don't have that to spend, you need to rethink where you want to go with this.

Pshh..... GTFO. Every body is doing 100 HP budget builds.

Agree 100%. Don't know what you're thinking for budget, but you should plan on about $1,000 for crank, pistons, bore, porting, gaskets, seals,modded trans, domes, etc. If you don't have that to spend, you need to rethink where you want to go with this.

If you know where i can get that much done for 1000 bucks pls let me know!!

• Like 1