Need advice

Tucker0713

Buying my first bone stock banshee this weekend and want to turn it into a really good trail bike, I don't know where to start on what mods to do and what combos work and don't work. Can u guys tell me your set ups(exhaust,porting,boring,pistons,clutch,shocks,reeds,stroker..etc) I'm on a budget and wanna really get the best out of it. If you could help me out with tips and Maybe even a process of what mods to put on and what Order thanks

in my opioning if you have a stock shee dont bore it the time will come for that these do not runn forever and there is no point wasting a bore job when its not needed. easy cheap proformance gains would be after market open air box k&n air filters if you ride desert or no where near water get pods with no air box. diffrent reeds make nice proformance pipes will allways help they are more on expensive side 400-600 $ you could also buy cool heads and depending on domes you get change compression to gain more power anything under 20cc domes requires race gas fyi. or take yoour stock head and get it milled the list are damn near endless. i say dont BORE! go with other options

Here's what you should start out with, I have all these mods on mine and it hauls ass with stock crank and stock cylinders

Vforce 4 reeds

K&n dual pods

Toomey T5 pipes and silencers

+4 advance timing

15/40 gearing

The 15/40 gearing is really nice for trails, you can stay in 3rd gear all day long and still have lots of power for technical shit.

Start with those and see how you like it. There's a new site sponsor on here Young Guns Racing that's selling some quality pipes for around $350 I think, shoot him a pm and see what you think.

Find a nice used front suspension set up (a-arms and shocks)

Rebuild rear shock for your weight and style

Used axle maybe?

Ez pull clutch lever

Reeds

Cut and chambered stock head or cool head

Timing plate at +4

Exhaust

Pod filters

Tors delete

Parking brake delete

Shifting mods

Welded crank

How deep are the mud puddles? How fast are you going through them?

6in average, puddles are anywhere from 1 ft to 8 ft. speed 30mph to 60mph, logging roads.

I've got some pro circuits I'm gonna sell here short. Have a couple sets of stock carbs too. One with the torrs delete already on it. Also have an airbox with a pro design aluminum plate.

What does the pro design aluminum plate do compared to teh stock air box.  Feel free to PM me, if it could help me i might be interested