Badlands April 19th - Roll call (WINDYCITYJOHN400 tour)

As luck would have it, something came up which will prevent my wife and I from making the trip to Badlands.  Our family was originally going to do Easter on Sunday, but due to conflicts in schedules they are going to do it Saturday instead.  We cannot miss this so unfortunately my wife and I won’t be able to make it.  I was really looking forward to this especially since it’s been a few years since I’ve ridden with some of you guys.  I’ll be keeping an eye on the schedule and be making plans to ride at the next close ride.  Sorry guys, you all have fun!  I’ll be jealous when I see the pix come in. 

Also, CB6979 won’t be making it either.  He’s planning on joining me Saturday.  At least we can ride where we’re doing Easter so he’ll bring his bike out to my family’s house.   Ride hard and be safe!

Updated: Couple more bite the dust
1. JasonsBanshee and wife
2. CB6979

3. WINDYCITYJOHN400 and  Bill
4. ZillaFreak
5. hazzardbanshee and friends
6. RollinRhino
7. bansman76
8. Kadair_517 and gf with 2 shee's
9. swhitey917 and friends

10. T_Shee

11. hursty121 and friends

12. Whitbread and friend

13. g_low0885

14. Blk88notch

15. gomeznitro and friends

16. 87sheerips (JD)

17. Keyser Soze

18. scuba147

19. turbowrenchhead

As luck would have it, something came up which will prevent my wife and I from making the trip to Badlands.  Our family was originally going to do Easter on Sunday, but due to conflicts in schedules they are going to do it Saturday instead.  We cannot miss this so unfortunately my wife and I won’t be able to make it.  I was really looking forward to this especially since it’s been a few years since I’ve ridden with some of you guys.  I’ll be keeping an eye on the schedule and be making plans to ride at the next close ride.  Sorry guys, you all have fun!  I’ll be jealous when I see the pix come in. 

Also, CB6979 won’t be making it either.  He’s planning on joining me Saturday.  At least we can ride where we’re doing Easter so he’ll bring his bike out to my family’s house.   Ride hard and be safe!

Man that sucks Jason. I was really looking forward to seeing that quad of yours together.

hate to say it but going to have to count me out. I went out to check the banshee out and look over it. took it out for a test drive and I have a ball joint that is about to fall out. on the bright side ball joints are free...just got to buy the a-arm..lol well I wanted a set of extended a-arms any way so it is time to look for a set.

Updated: 
1. JasonsBanshee and wife
2. CB6979

3. WINDYCITYJOHN400 and  Bill
4. ZillaFreak
5. hazzardbanshee and friends
6. RollinRhino
7. bansman76
8. Kadair_517 and gf with 2 shee's
9. swhitey917 and friends

10. T_Shee

11. hursty121 and friends

12. Whitbread and friend

13. g_low0885

14. Blk88notch

15. gomeznitro and friends

16. 87sheerips (JD)

17. Keyser Soze

18. scuba147

19. turbowrenchhead

20. bansheerider327

:whoa: UNBELIEVABLE.  You are the OP of this whole post!  :jesterlaugh:

I had a date set…but YOU were the one who wanted to make THIS the weekend for the HQ ride. :unsure:  Now you can't make it ???????? Plus you are grabbing CB6979 and taking him with you too ? 

Well…….enjoy all the easter egg hunting. :shrugani: Try not to eat too many jelly beans.  :D

Sometime after the crisp morning air has warmed to a perfect temp for riding….after the big group of riders have lined machines up for photos….after the hours of good conversation throughout the day….after all the deer have been chased off the property….after marking the entire place with our tire tracks and left our 2-smoke sent on every surface….after I've topped off my tank for the last time….after the ride gear has been peeled off….after the machines are loaded….after the mud has dried….Sometime then…..after it's over….as I contemplate wrapping my worn out hands around a steering wheel and aiming the rig back towards home….as I stretch my legs and settle into the seat and allow my body a few moments rest and begin to reflect on the afterglow of a day well used ….before I turn a key and ask my V-8 to finish out the duty of getting us all home…..I will wonder….WTF could have been more important than being here? 

There will be an answer that those who missed this ride will feel justifies not being in attendance... and THAT IS OK. Every man has his own path to walk…..but for those who came and rode……Only pity and face palms will be shared over those who did not.

Have a Happy Easter Weekend yawl.  ;)

• Like 1

Weather Report:   Some showers over night with low wind and a rising barometer throughout the day on Saturday with a high in the Mid 60s.   The rain will keep the dust down since it will be less than a 1/4 inch total.   This should be an awesome day for riding.  

:whoa: UNBELIEVABLE.  You are the OP of this whole post!  :jesterlaugh:

I had a date set…but YOU were the one who wanted to make THIS the weekend for the HQ ride. :unsure:  Now you can't make it ???????? Plus you are grabbing CB6979 and taking him with you too ? 

Well…….enjoy all the easter egg hunting. :shrugani: Try not to eat too many jelly beans.  :D

Sometime after the crisp morning air has warmed to a perfect temp for riding….after the big group of riders have lined machines up for photos….after the hours of good conversation throughout the day….after all the deer have been chased off the property….after marking the entire place with our tire tracks and left our 2-smoke sent on every surface….after I've topped off my tank for the last time….after the ride gear has been peeled off….after the machines are loaded….after the mud has dried….Sometime then…..after it's over….as I contemplate wrapping my worn out hands around a steering wheel and aiming the rig back towards home….as I stretch my legs and settle into the seat and allow my body a few moments rest and begin to reflect on the afterglow of a day well used ….before I turn a key and ask my V-8 to finish out the duty of getting us all home…..I will wonder….WTF could have been more important than being here? 

There will be an answer that those who missed this ride will feel justifies not being in attendance... and THAT IS OK. Every man has his own path to walk…..but for those who came and rode……Only pity and face palms will be shared over those who did not.

Have a Happy Easter Weekend yawl.  ;)

That was deep.....  :notworthy:

I'm not happy about not making it either guys, but it's out of my control.  CB and I have been talking about this for a long time and have been looking forward to it.  I didn't steal him from the ride, he opted not to go.  This is the first time I've ever had to flake on a ride.  I WILL be at the next one.