Badlands April 19th - Roll call (WINDYCITYJOHN400 tour)

So it was my CDI that was giving me issues at the badlands. I got a new one today and it starts on the first kick now.

So your CDI made your quad flip full turtle? LOL

I'm going to remove my CDI then.

Them things is dangerous!

It was finally good to meet some guys off the board. The badlands was definelty an experience. It began Friday morning for me. My gf's baby sitter fell through so we decided to take the three kids. I called a few of my friends to see if I could borrow there kids machines. I spent all day friday rounding up and repairing 5 quads and packing up. All had some minor issues that had to be addressed. We got on the road at 9pm that night. Just 45 minute into the drive the kids pipe up and say there hungry. Of course. So I pull over in Racine at a local fast food joint. I go to the trailer and check the straps. That's when my stomach said gurgle gurgle. After 45 mins back and forth to the bathroom we hit the road again. I was struggling with stomach cramps for as long as I could take it. I made it to the south end of the bypass by Chicago and then I started sweating. I pulled over on the side of the hwy and proceeded to puke out of both holes. Back in the van and truck on. I got about 75 from Attica on hwy 41 and I felt the urge again. Then my gf took over driving. Just as I started to doze off we hit the roughest patch of hwy that I've ever seen. See's freaked out and goes 20 mph. We finally get to the campground after 3am. Set up and hit the sack. It had to be almost 4am by then. The camper was freezing. It was 37 degrees that night and it was very cold even with my 1500 watt heater. I woke up at 7am. Don't fart, dont fart dont fart. After a bathroom break, a run to cvs for Imodium AD and a hot shower I'm finally ready to go riding. We soon realize there is no way the kids are going to go to the park. My gf ops to stay back and watch them ride around the campground. Then soon yelled at her for them riding around. Kinda bs since everyone else was doing it.

I finally head into the park and I see two other banshee's in the parking lot. I decide to go explore by myself, yes risky. I see the dunes and I'm like Yay!!!!. I get closer and all I see is washboards everywhere and I can't get out of second. I'm lake Laaammmee!!!! I make my way back around the left side. I see a decent hill climb so I hit it. Wow, what a teepee at the top. Glad I didn't hit it too hard. I coast down the hill and the bike dies. Pop the clutch down the hill, nothing. Now I'm sitting in a valley. No one is there. I kick and kick but I got nothing. I'm sweating, I'm tired, and my ass hurts.  No one is coming by going on a half hour now. I push my quad as far as I can go. Then I start walking. I'm having a real bad attitude towards the Badlands at this point. I'm thinking FUCK this place! I get 100 ft away and then a jeep comes by. They give me a tow out 1/2 way. It took a couple hundred yards of pull starting and then it took off again. So I'm thinking dirt in the carbs. I decide to just head back to the campground to take a nap and cool off. I head back and here is one of the members washing his ride at the cleaning station. I stop and start talking and he takes me back to the lot and introduces me to everyone. Thanks by the way. So I shoot the shit for a while with the guys and I'm so tired that I'm having problems standing upright. I say "I'll be back later" and I go back.

I catch a 2 hour nap and man what a life saver. Woke up to the kids saying "Lisa needs you!" She's out in the driveway with her daughter and she almost got hit by car. What fun!

I head over to the lot again and then I met John and a few others. Four of us go out for a finally ride. They showed my around and I tossed mine on its side trying to follow Bill up an insane concrete chunk filled hill. I little drag race at the end and that was it for the badlands for me. So thanks guys for making my day a little brighter at the end. Much appreciated!

soooo ya had great time then :rotflmao:

Lets say I'll never forget the badlands trip........

She's never going to let you forget it.  :jesterlaugh:

Lets say I'll never forget the badlands trip........

LOL..well at least you made it kudos, you went above and beyond

i think most people would of turned the car around the first time they had to pullover and "puke out of both holes" lol mad respect

this dude is a trooper, no kid went without a quad this weekend :headbang: