hello from germany

hello from germany,

i am a new user at bansheehq and i want to introduce my self at first.

My name is Matthias, i am 30 years old and riding a 2001 banshee since april 2011.

In the last 2 years i did many mods on my banshee and in this winter i want to build an 421cc engine with a +4 crank and 68mm cylinders.

But i have some questions about the ignition. Does anyone have ignition curves for this kind of engine if i use an programmable CDI ?

Or is it enough if i use an adjustable timing plate?

Thanks in forward for answers

Edited by GermanBanshee

Go with the timing plate. The DYNO programmable CDI is known to fail.

In germany we have pump gas with 95 octan until 102 octan. With my stock engine i ran always 95 Octan.

Carbs Setup will be ok. I will setting the jets a little bit bigger at first and check my EGT.

First i thought, that the ignition is very important with 421cc. At first i thought i must have to create a complete new ignition curve for example with the dynatec CDI. :unsure:

Where about in Germany are you from? We attend a medical show in Dusseldorf, and stay in the old city.

As for your question, I'd stick with a pro design timing plate set at +4. Very simple to install, and adjust. Keep your stock CDI.

I come from the saarland, next to france and luxembourg.

@tdod 101

No, thats not street legal. :whistling:

But the police in my hometown is not interested for ATV`s and Quads. They dont have enough experiance, thanks god! :shrugani::)

Ok, i will use the timing plate at first and will report soon.

Thanks guys! :)

One question i have is, the timing plate which can see in the ebay link does have the degree marks on the plate. Which point at the engine case is decisive for me to adjust the correct timing? Maybe the point which the engine case halfs come together ???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-YFZ350-Banshee-Ricky-Stator-Adjustable-Timing-Plate-1987-2006-/331099759227?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d1715627b&vxp=mtr