Have no clue where to start with it? Please help!

mgowan

Well here is it in a nutshell.... Traded my built cr250r for a 2002 banshee (running) with a stock engine, open air box, DMC 916 exhaust, mechanical style carbs. Quad has great compression, extras also in the deal was 2 empty engine cases (one has trench work done), 2 sets of jugs (one set has extensive port work), cool head with 18 domes in it (also has another new set of 18 domes in package), a box full of trans internals, rear swing arm, rear axle, 2 full wiring harness with (ecu?) box, 3 set of carbs (2 sets are electric controlled). I have a bunch of stuff but don't know what to do or where to start. It was used previously for MX and I plan to build an 1/8 mile asphalt drag banshee to run in the low 7's to high 6's air around here is 400'-700' for you true drag guys, so guys what is the place to start, what parts should I keep and what should I sell to reach this goal? Any and all info is helpful.

Stock lightened frame, drag arms (maybe single A-arms), spindle wheels, +8 or +10 swing arm, strut bars front and back.

Drag axle, 20x8-10 AR gt sd 23 rear tires with blue labels is a good starting point. Wheelie bar is a great plus.

With that and a 4mill stock cyls running alky, 1-4m5m6 override and a lock-up clutch will get you close to 7

BUT remember, I´m just a newbie, not 100% sure. :shrugani:

Thats what I was thinking lol, 4 mil drag ported stock cyl will get you close, gonna need an overide, lockup to be consistant, you really need to te a r it down to see whats inside. It might be cheaper to buy a bike alrwady set , a customer of mine just spent 6g taking his basically stock and ready to run 1/8

stock lightened frame, full drag setup - marvin shaw shocks or struts, drag arms, drag swinger, axle, lighten it up as much as you possibly can for starters. 4 mil cub on alky, shearer OOF drag pipes, good clutch,strong basket and so on with an override trans and lockup should get you into the 7's easily maybe 6's. A 10 mil cub or super cub should definitely have no trouble getting you into the 6's you want, possibly faster. Once your setup is altogether and running, it will be gearing and fine tuning that will determine your best et's.

This should help you with gearing >> http://www.bansheehq.com/technical-information/

Sell what you are not going to use and use the cash to fund the build, or like already noted - sell it all and buy a bike or roller already setup.