diesel problem...

Bennett131

ok so I drove home last night around 11 pm or so and I plugged my truck in because its -12 here in pa. the truck ran fine last night and I started it up for 10 or so minutes this morning and I put it in reverse to leave and everything felt normal...I pulled out of my driveway and it felt as if I were in neutral I had to rev it to 2000rpm and then it moved. once I got going it seemed fine but once it got up to normal temp if I got on it a little and hit 3000rpm it would die right out? what could be my problem? and yes I do put anti gel treatment in my fuel? any help is appreciated thanks ahead of time.

well I haven't changed anything except my engine oil/filter and my air filter and my fuel filter since ive owned it....meaning I haven't replaced my tranny fluid. but just so we know what were talking about its an 08 duramax with 80k miles on it. and my check engine light was on but it came on two weeks ago because I put an exhaust on it and unplugged my dpf. been running fine except this morning ill check out the tranny I suppose are you guys positive my fuel isn't just gelling up tho? maybe I just didn't put in enough of the anti gel shit?

I just have trouble believing that my Allison tranny would be going out with so few miles on the truck it being stock other than my exhaust and I don't beat it. also im not sure how tranny fluid well enough to make it do that would disappear somehow in like 6 hours. not saying you guys are wrong just clarifying everything.

You have something to fool the ecm about the modded exh? could be part or the problem. look for transynd for your atf. should just be due for service now. First part couldve been caused by convertor drainback,search for a tsb on that. second part could be fuel retriction. good luck.

We had 10 out of 14 machines that wouldn't start last night and the 4 that did, didnt run right due to gelling diesel -45 with wind chill is hell on them when no preemptive measures have Been taken.

• Like 1