Alky compression

does he need a certain compression ratio or just as long as the gauge says 170+ then hes good to go ? not than any of you guys would know the answer but just wonderin

Disclaimer~ i am not a professional builder this is my opinion only

it is not a static cylinder pressure your after. I would expect the compression ratio to be between 14:1 -17:1 depending on how much of a supercharging effect you get from your set of pipes(not sure how to figure that out). the optimal squish velocity is based off dynamic compression as far as i understand. I think that even though static compression is lower in a ported engine the dynamic is higher due to the pipie pushing it back into the cyllinder. hope that made sense.

^ NO! You made no Aprillia reference.

RU, that's a vague question where you are almost sure to not get the answer you are waiting to blurt out. Good way to make your self look smart is to ask a question with 10 answers other then your own so that anything said is wrong.

Sorry guys I didn't get back on topic sooner, long drawn out days at work installing CIPP sucks in the winter but yes just asking everyone's input. My builder is also set on a 165 wish compression on a gauge for his builds just wanting to have input.Like I've said, Always looking for advise from you 2stroke heads...I'll be back.

I threw my gauge in a drawer and never looked at it again 5 years ago. Always measure your squish clearance and CC out the trapped volume with the motor assembled. Generally anything over 160 up to 185 is in the norm depending on the pipes and motor.

We could give you tons of answers.

I have ran as tight as .034 squish and 12 degrees of timing but only 13.2-1 compression with certain pipes. Probably woulda cranked 140 psi.

I have ran .048 squish and 7 degrees of timing and 15.4-1 compression. Probably woulda cranked 175psi.

If you have a good builder trust what they say is where they want it setup.