4 cylinder Cougar (1414cc)

srp

I am selling my new 4 cylinder Cougar parts due to lack of time to build a new bike.

Parts for sale

Matton cases with transmission inspection port and transmission output support cover with special sprocket nut.

5 78x74 Cougar cylinders (as cast)

Crankworks crankshaft

4 headshells

4 exhaust flanges

Cylinder studs for Cougar

Price 6000 plus shipping (cost is over 11000), the lockup cover in the picture is not part of this sell. PM me if you are interested.

http://forums.everything2stroke.com/threads/45069-4-Cylinder-1414CC-Banshee

What is the point of running such small motor??

The 78mm pistons should have far less crank failures than the 85mm piston engines have been having, the crank costs 2800 dollars. The 78mm bore Cougar has huge exhaust ports and huge triple ports, can be ported far bigger than any DM could ever be. Jim has said this engine would make 275 un-ported because all the metal that has to be removed on a DM exhaust port is already gone, very little porting is needed to get to 325 horsepower with four cylinders sharing loses through the transmission.

There are pipes on the market that are proven to make 80+ horsepower per hole on engines this size and you don't have to get high dollar handconed pipes built.