2014 Windy City Dune Assault Squad DUNE/DIRT ride dates

Im hoping to make it to badlands this year. I'd love to hit the dunes but I think I might need a longer swinger and some paddles before that happens. Although it might be kinda fun with my -1...

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk now Free

You can ride it as is and have a ball. Even with just knobbies.

Make a trip and check it out. I'll let you throw a leg over my duner so you can feel what some mods would be like. Then you can decide what you wanna get.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paddles are overrated at Badlands.   Trust me when I tell you that.  Used them before and the peat sand chews them to shreds.   Get some Kenda Claws or Maxxis Razr IIs for Badlands.   I tried HD Holeshots and they suck in the sand there. 

Pro wedges might not be too bad in the sand.

Pick some dates an get them on your calendar so you won't miss the fun.  :clap:

We should all hit up Haspin Acres. Free camping, $25 will get you in for two days, 400ft or better drag track that most of the time they keep in good shape, hills you can't climb, trails you can get lost on. Its 800 acres or better

Well we've tossed around the idea of going to Haspin.....when we hit The Badla

We should all hit up Haspin Acres. Free camping, $25 will get you in for two days, 400ft or better drag track that most of the time they keep in good shape, hills you can't climb, trails you can get lost on. Its 800 acres or better

Let me try this response again…..

We've tossed around the idea of going to Haspin. The only issue is that a Badlands trip is a one day trip. We leave early in the AM and are able to get home by 11:00 pm. Haspin is a lot farther drive and would require us to sleep over and make a weekend out of it.

With that said, For the same amount of driving and a full weekend of riding…..we can go to St. JOE and have 2000 acres to ride, with top quality camping, ride the quads right from camp, a ridiculous variety of ride terrain and have a guaranteed time of our lives.

So, it's kinda hard to sign up for a Haspin trip. Have you looked at that schedule? That is a pretty full dance card. The only place I can see adding a trip to Haspin is in April, and April is still usually pretty wet and cold.

But I'm open to suggestions…….. 

LOL. What am I a national event planner?

Go ahead and plan one and post it.

Might do that

What's popular near W TN?

You usually have to go up to Kentucky to ride. We ride a lot of private property and a couple state parks but nothing special. I would love to come to a hq ride but it seems it's always dunes and my bike is not set up for sand by any means