Fmfs Twin K&ns

whobanshee

actually i would start a lil bigger than 320's i was runnin 340's and probly need to go up a size and your at sea level and i'm at 850 - 1000 ft. but you definately need the 30 pilots at least start with 330's or 340's and try ur needle in the 4th clip. you should be pretty close.

There all different. Im at 320main 30pilot 3/4 screw 2clip.. Twin k&n stock reeds and fattys. it's got a small dead spot right after 1/4 That won't go away at all. ANy suggestions??? I'll be adding bosyen reed cages to it. include that in the suggestions please.(moving clip down bogs way bad) all my reading is done at sea level 32:1 oil)

youre right all shees like it a little different,but I do not have any dead spots and all i did was rejet the needle is still in factory position and so is the air screw and stock reed cages i do not know if changing the reed cages will call for you to rejet if you happen to live in the portland area give top dog racing a call and ask for shawn he was extremely helpful and answered all of my questions.I will be in there tommorrow picking up a few more goodies I will ask him about the reed cages and I will let you know at this post.by moving the clip down you are riching it up have you tried going up to lean it alittle? let me know

This is no air box. The twin filters. One for each carb. Not over oild they like to be at either 1.0 or .75. Tryed clip in 3 slot. boged bad. Riding done at sea level...

I was thinking about going to a 310. putting clip back to 3. But that just sounds to lean. It seems to be running rich but not real rich..

shawn at top dog racing said once the shee is jetted right adding new reeds should not affect it rechecked mine today and had a nice tan color on plugs after a 6th gear WOT coast to stop

Tan is lean, put some larger mains in there.....go up at least 2 sizes and retest....

This is no air box. The twin filters. One for each carb. Not over oild they like to be at either 1.0 or .75. Tryed clip in 3 slot. boged bad. Riding done at sea level...

I was thinking about going to a 310. putting clip back to 3. But that just sounds to lean. It seems to be running rich but not real rich..

Try a 27.5 pilot and readjust the air screws....what color are your plugs after running wot in 6th gear for 5-10 seconds??