Dunable override from who?

hughmyron

Any override with enough back loading over time will get fucked. How much it will tolerate before it goes will vary depending on abuse. I have not had any issue shifting with my 10dm with a pro mod. Anyone can trail ride with a override but how long it will last is another story. If you get a 2-4 over ride you could just stay in 1st in the tight trails. If your not just drag racing or hill climbing you will back load more then you think. At first I wanted a override in my bike but after watching some of my gopro videos in the trails I realized how much I backload or engine breaking I do. IMO in the trails having to pull the clutch in all the time right after getting off the gas would be a pain in the ass. I love just being able to lug around in 2nd or 3rd and being able to get on and off the gas with no worries. Plus I really don't feel like having to take the engine out to change shift forks Ect. It would be sweet to be able to up shift without getting off the gas though... If I was building a drag bike I would go override though

• Like 2

You're telling me I can go from 6th-high 4th in and out of the throttle with an override? If so, I need to call your builder again.

yes, with a dunable. But not so much an in and out throttle chop. You just need to change the way you ride with them. As long as you're not under engine braking you are ok. Basically you would just chop the throttle at the shift so that the bike goes under the motors momentum. Occasionally blip it if cruising.

I think builders mostly reccomend against them in trail bikes is because it is in the consumers best interest statistically to not run an over ride type tranny. First the builders are building motors for guys who aren't assembling their own stuff so obviously they aren't the type of guys to wanna keep messing with shift forks every season. On top of that most people have a hard time training them selves to ride one reliably.

• Like 1