Dunable override from who?

hughmyron

Any of you guys that get a duneable need to make sure to balance/adjust your springs correctly so as to have your "duneable" be safe and rideable as well as backloaded occasionally albiet not backloaded hard. Google "duneable override spring balance and adjustment" for a full write up and pictures explaining it. I posted it on a couple forums but pics wouldnt work on here.

Any of you guys that get a duneable need to make sure to balance/adjust your springs correctly so as to have your "duneable" be safe and rideable as well as backloaded occasionally albiet not backloaded hard. Google "duneable override spring balance and adjustment" for a full write up and pictures explaining it. I posted it on a couple forums but pics wouldnt work on here.

This is dumb. Just buy a duneable from a builder that has proven transmissions out there. I've been running them since 2005 and have never had a failure and never balanced or adjusted any springs.

There is zero reason to have to research this.

Tyler, If I remember Cam discussed dune ables not long back. He urged against back loading them, which some people think a dune able is capable of doing this without issue. I think he even made mention that no override is truly dune able

I think what he said was that if you can't change your own shift forks, then you should NOT run a duneable override.

Obviously I don't think you should go out and purposefully try to fuck one up.

I have been running Redline duneables since 2005. I've had them in a 10mm Cub, 10mm DM and three 18mm DMs.

I have NEVER had a failure. I am not exactly easy on them either.

• 2 weeks later...

Usually when someone mentions trails that's your first sign that a pro mod tranny would probably be better suited for you. No one is saying you can't trail ride an override but why have to worry about it at all?

What do you mean by people just build stuff different down there?

You're telling me I can go from 6th-high 4th in and out of the throttle with an override? If so, I need to call your builder again.

I've downshifted a lot of regular overrides in other people's bikes. I've ridden countless bikes at the dunes and completely forgot that they had a regular override.

I would downshift from 4th or 5th still going really fast. It can be done.

The duneable is even more forgiving and yes, I upshift and downshift with and without the clutch at all speeds all the time.

No builder is going to recommend an override for the trails.

Redline will not even recommend a duneable if you aren't capable of changing shift forks.

Ok, but I'm not talking about doing this once every blue moon, it seems that's what you think I'm getting at...

A trail bike, as you know is constantly shifting up and down, shifting down into high RPMs and getting in and out of the throttle through a twisty trail or fire road..

You think an override would work for that?

I thought you were going with a pro-mod? That's all you really need.

No builder is going to recommend an override to you.

I've been running RL duneables since 2005 in about 6 different motors and never had a failure.

You need to work on your reading comprehension..

The duneable is even more forgiving and yes, I upshift and downshift with and without the clutch at all speeds all the time.