DIRECTDRIVE EXPERIENCE, NO GOOD! PLEASE READ

421alkybanshee

Everyone beware of Directdrive with their footpegs they sell!!!!!!

This past laborday I had a set of their foot pegs they make on my banshee, I had bought them early summer of this year so roughly 3 to 4 months old(10 rides on them).  One of them snaped clean off resulting in a messed up bike(bent rear aluminum axle, messed up stellar bars, busted EGT monitors, 2 damaged wheels, messed up one piece custom painted hood, bent front a arm and some minor things) and a rider that now has a messed up hip from crashing end over end drag racing.  The weld on their pegs were terrible and I should of never put them on, they were a cold weld with a lot of air pockets and I shouldn't of installed them BUT I did, stupid me.  Directdrives solution is this: send me a new set, which they said we are gonna start welding them on the front side of the bracket also, or just send me my money back.  Well guess what, that doesn't take care of my damaged quad and friend tat got hurt by their faulty pegs!!!!  Anyone that has installed these or are looking to buy them I would definitely NOT BUY FROM DIRECTDRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have a set I would strongly suggest you replace with another set before they break.  They admitted fault by stating that ( we are gonna start welding them on both sides), and not take care of any damages, is not a company I will be doing any business with in the future!  Thank you for your time guys

you would think they would want to make it right!!!

Didn't I read they gave you a new set to replace the broken ones?..sounds like they made it as "right" as any hi performance parts company would.

Sad to say, but that's the way it works with aftermarket/hi performance parts...no guarantees. It's racing after all.

Sure it'd be nice if they hadn't broke on you, but it happens in racing and racing components.

I hate to ask.

But how heavy was the rider?

Not heavy enough to strip out the 15-20 year old foot peg threads……..so a weld should have held up.

I see guys running those aluminum foot pegs that are held together with ONE bolt and I cringe, but I have yet to see pics posted of one failing. (I'll stick with my IMS pegs.)  ;)

In reply to sprinkler mans comment:

The pegs were maybe 3 months old, 175 lb rider and I'm not some 17 yr. old kid, this isn't my first rodeo with building and racing banshees. But I will tell you this , if made correctly, reinforced on both sides they probably would of been ok( only if someone else would of welded them !). If you look close enough they were (cold welded ) you can see the pockets of air and where someone starting dragging the weld down the seam, then stop start again , stop.. Start again....etc.

After the very short conversation with someone at the company, they admitted to not building them correctly by stating quote: ( we are gonna start welding them on both sides ). That should tell anyone with common sense that They screwed up!!!!!!

So , yes he offered me a replacement set because mine broke....... Huh , what do I say????????

UMMMM. NO !!! Keep your shit !