Life After Bolt Ons

Ok I know there are probably a million post about this but here goes anyway. I have an 04 banshee w/pod filters,stock carbs,V force 4 s, cool head with 21 cc domes ,+4 timing plate, Toomey T 6 pipes ,MR 501 Ohtsu 20 x 9 tires and 14/41 sprockets .I have a few friends that have recently bought other banshees and yfz 450 s none of which are very modded but I need to try to stay out front of them .I mostly trail ride but am expecting they are gonna end up next to me one of these days and it's gonna be on ! I have read a lot on here and want some more input from you guys .What would you guys to to ensure staying ahead of the pack. I have purchased stuff in the past from both fast and wildcard racing both seem to be excellent to deal with. Who has been ported by them ? what port did they do and how do you like it ? Also for trails will sticking with the 14/41 set up still be good ?  I have also heard the T6 pipes are not as good or they don't respond as good if you have port work .I have only had the shee for a little over a year and love it .The bug has bitten and I wanna stay out front of the pack lol

Porting is the best bang for your buck.... I'd say a 4mill ported stock cylinder motor, set-up for woods riding would be right up your alley!

Thanks for the replies I'm just trying to keep improving this thing it does well on the trails now but I get bored quickly no matter what I own.You get use to a certain speed or feeling and need more always more .Besides I have to make sure I can stay out front lol .I am debating when to do it as I like to ride a lot in the off season and hate down time but seems like now would be a good time to get it done and I may just go ahead and get it done .

4 mil serval, pc pipes and 28 pwks. Make sure you get the best suspension you can personally afford. Powerful motors dont do so good with stock suspensio

The pro circuits gonna be better for porting than say t 5 s I am sure there are differing opinions on that ? and I have been told the stock carbs can make decent power but I don't know what to expect as I'm new to this .The suspension is still stock and yeah it can be a rough ride for certain although I don't jump the shee very high at all but there are days I'm flying down the trail hitting bumps that make me long for decent suspension  .I rode one of the new 450s and it was pretty smooth compared to my shee .

4 mil serval, pc pipes and 28 pwks. Make sure you get the best suspension you can personally afford. Powerful motors dont do so good with stock suspension.

CPI, shearer, sniper or rocket pipes on the 4mil serval and 35 pwks. Awesome trail set up. I ran 16/41 gearing on my old serval and it was a blast in the trails

CPI, shearer, sniper or rocket pipes on the 4mil serval and 35 pwks. Awesome trail set up. I ran 16/41 gearing on my old serval and it was a blast in the trails

The 16 up front still give you good low end with the 4 mil set up as the 16 adds top speed doesn't it ?

IMO Do full suspension and wide axle/a-arms if trail widths allow it instead of adding power.

I don't know if I wanna widen it to much some of the trails are narrow and I kinda like it to be able to go more places with out having to climb off and push it backwards all the time .Suspension is likely in my future I just wanna wake it up a bit for now with out goin all out just yet with mods .