Banshee storage shelf?

dave5.0

I've got prob 15-20' of wasted ceiling height in my shop and thought it would be cool to build some sort of shelf storage system to store bikes on. Thinking I could probably stack 3-4 bikes high and free up a buncha floor space. Not sure how I'd get the bikes up there yet. Couple ideas running around my head. Any ideas or anybody already done this?

Yea, build a platform and buy a forklift. There's a redneck motor builder in OR that does it that way.

I've actually got a similar setup to your girlfriend. But smaller scale. Only a 24x60. I've got a loft type deal like he does that I've got a bunch of other crap stored on. Thought about putting them up there. But then I gotta move the other shit.

I was going to do something like that but much smaller. Ended up building a killer tree stand house thing out of that shelving stuff.

I always think about building something on wheels that I can ride a four whlr on to and have it big enough that I can roll it over on top of another four wheeler. It would clear up some floor space but would need some long ramps and would have to be pretty big itself. Hope that makes sense.

Ya I was thinking a shelf deal with a footprint just a bit bigger than one quad. Build it next to my loft. Gettin them loaded in the slots is my issue. Thought about a little platform and a chainfall from the rafters maybe. Still working it through.

Something like that would work Joe. I just want taller. Prob be a bit pricey if a guy had to buy it all I'd think? You prob got the ol employee discount I'm guessin?

You could buy it used, people sell off stock on ebay over here. Tube is about 80 cents a foot and the fittings are around similar value each over here, most probably cheaper like everything else over there though.

Plus you don't have to use that type of platform, you could just add some transoms and use some old timber you may have laying around.