starting fresh

ewalka

$3,000 for a stock bike? WOW! Hardly a budget build. Here's what I bought for $2500. Complete running bike with trued and welded crank, ported cylinders, fresh bore with Wiseco pistons, V Force reeds, billet intakes, 33mm PWK carbs, pods, chrome T5 pipes, Lonestar +4 chrome roundhouse swinger, Lonestar axle, blue label wheels, Hauler paddles, mohawks, chrome stock A arms, lots of billet goodies, including clutch basket, stator cover, footpegs, shifter, sprocket hub, and all the usual billet covers, with a title.

sheet.  a cheapo stocker bike IS cheap to build   you find a few owners that built it instead of bought it and you will find a huge pile of junk ass to ok shape stock parts.  if you just want a spray painted pile of OEM parts thrown together to get something to go ride and have fun on  it can be done for around what your saying to about half of that.  mostly starts with a really good find on a blown up bike.  they are out there.  last year i sold a complete ( but blown motor) banshee for 800 bucks.  it was nothing pretty by any means and was completely torn apart  but i estimated about 5-800 and it would be together and look decent and run.  

now if you thinking your going to get top of the line parts and have a super bad ass bike for 3k  that  you would have to buy complete i'm sure.   since you already have "found" most of the parts you need locally why not just build it and post pictures.  seems you got it all figured out.   best advice in here so far was to watch out for minkia on ebay.  you never know what your going to get.

i have a "budget build" 87 j framer, i can do right now but why take the time to take pics to post on here for a bunch of dicks that don't know me to criticize what i do? some threads go great  others make you want to just cancel your name on hq and go ride.  i think i could get it back together and looking good for around 1500-2000.  i personally think it would be a neat thread to follow, showing progress and prices, and read up on for people like you.  

• Like 1

welcome to the forums man.. im in your shoes.. i got an old 87 banshee from an old friend of mine and ive been messin with it for a few weeks now.. i got it all torn apart and what was said to have 90 percent of the stuff became more like nothing lol. i was missing a whole ass end and most of the front end parts, no steering stem,  no engine, and what have you,  but i sat down and made a list of what i needed to complete the roller and voila, i pretty much have a roller now.. it dont take long and it will all come together.. ebay is ur friend for stock parts to get u going, also do like others said and find someone on the for sale section that has alot of used parts and clean em up and piece it together.. im going for a stock build too for now until its complete and then i will start buying upgrades.. its easier to do it that way i think cause then u can still have fun with it and upgrade as you go.. hazzard banshee is your man, he knows his shit and is willing to go out of his way to help.. post pics as the build comes together.. id like to see what the progress is.. good luck bro

welcome to the forums man.. im in your shoes.. i got an old 87 banshee from an old friend of mine and ive been messin with it for a few weeks now.. i got it all torn apart and what was said to have 90 percent of the stuff became more like nothing lol. i was missing a whole ass end and most of the front end parts, no steering stem, no engine, and what have you, but i sat down and made a list of what i needed to complete the roller and voila, i pretty much have a roller now.. it dont take long and it will all come together.. ebay is ur friend for stock parts to get u going, also do like others said and find someone on the for sale section that has alot of used parts and clean em up and piece it together.. im going for a stock build too for now until its complete and then i will start buying upgrades.. its easier to do it that way i think cause then u can still have fun with it and upgrade as you go.. hazzard banshee is your man, he knows his shit and is willing to go out of his way to help.. post pics as the build comes together.. id like to see what the progress is.. good luck bro

Thanks man good luck with your build too post some pics on here of yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my build hasnt come too far yet but i have most of the parts for the roller just waiting for some odds and ends to assemble it but this is what i have so far.. 

how i got it

C733C04E-4ED8-4BCD-81CE-E79652921927-426

8038838A-10BE-4015-BAFD-AC54AF28FA7E-426

now

null_zpsecfae0ab.jpg

null_zps538d16ba.jpg

it took alot of work to get it to where it is now, but i got so much shit left to do it aint even funny.. i got it for a project though so im in no hurry.. i got it with no swing arm,  shock linkage,  rear shock, steering stem, and alot more.. i have all these parts now just got to assemble it.. lots of bolts and nuts were missing and alot of stuff was warn so i had to replace with new stuff.. still need a few things and il have a complete roller in no time.. then i have to get all the stupid stuff like clutch lever, throttle assembly, and of course i have to build a motor for it, but it will be fun building it.. good luck with yours man..

Edited by banshee1983

my build hasnt come too far yet but i have most of the parts for the roller just waiting for some odds and ends to assemble it but this is what i have so far..

how i got it

Posted Image

Posted Image

now

Posted Image

Posted Image

it took alot of work to get it to where it is now, but i got so much shit left to do it aint even funny.. i got it for a project though so im in no hurry.. i got it with no swing arm, shock linkage, rear shock, steering stem, and alot more.. i have all these parts now just got to assemble it.. lots of bolts and nuts were missing and alot of stuff was warn so i had to replace with new stuff.. still need a few things and il have a complete roller in no time.. then i have to get all the stupid stuff like clutch lever, throttle assembly, and of course i have to build a motor for it, but it will be fun building it.. good luck with yours man..

Yeah same here bought mine as a project but it sucks seeing it come together. It just makes you want to finish faster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk