starting fresh

ewalka

im building a shee this will be my first build second banshee 1st was a 87 bored and stroked to 383 to 385 cant remember exactly had hotrod crank hotrod rods weisco pistons in frame pipes bike was built by jim carrol if anyone knows who he is but anyways i got it built now im building im no dummy but im going to need all the advice i can get and help if anyone can heres where im at striped the frame primed and cleared the sh!t out of it what i got swing arm no carrier radiator in ok shape steering stem hard brake lines for frond and distribution block and a 4 play axel never herd of em but the guy threw it in with the deal so cant complain as long as its straight and it seems to be but thats what i have everything else is needed oh yeah im located in richmond va anyone else from around here? Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've got your work cut out for ya.... Get ready to blow through some, if not all of your savings...  You're going to be 6 g's in really fast, if you want the bike to look as good as your frame... Good luck with the build!

Trail riding is a hit & miss around here. There's a few riders in the area that take road trips to Busco Beach. Have you been there yet?

If not it's well worth the trip. They offer about 2,000 acres of trail riding and a 300ft sand drag on site as well.

opinions are like a$$ holes everyone has one and budget as in a little here a little there i dont want to buy someone else's problem if i build it i know Everything about it and i can say i did this not i bought it like this i wanna know every bolt and nut on the bike thats just my opinion

I get what you're saying and I hear where you are coming from.  But you could've bought a basket case bike and tore it down to bare frame and started from there.  At least then you would've had every nut and bolt already.  Think about this for a quick second.  You don't have an engine.  You don't even have the engine mounts.  (Or at least you didn't mention that you do.)  The bolts that go through the engine mounts....are specialty bolts only available from Yamaha I believe.  

If you are going to do this right like you say you want to.  Then first things first.  You need to make a list of EVERYTHING you need to make a complete bike.  IE. engine, harness, coil, seat, plastics, brackets, carrier, shocks, brakes, a-arms, wheels, tires....and then of course all the nuts and bolts that hold all that on.  That should get you started.  

My first build I bought a rolling chassis and an engine.  I was already 90% done before I even tore it apart to change the color on the frame.  Good luck man.  I hope it comes together for you.

i have engine mounts and complete stainless bolt kit for a yamaha banshee goes for 120 you just have to shop and an engine isant too hard to fin i know a guy that has 3 complete besides intake setup like carbs and cages but getting carbs new plastics and a bunch of other stuff for 120 got a guy selling me upper and lower a arms and axel carrier for and wiring harness and misc stuff for 200 plus i payed 220 for frame swing arm radiator with supports steering stem and motor mounts brand new inner tie rod ends also nerf bars all that stuff for $660 like i said ya just got to shop