Converting to a 2 stroke

nightmanx1

Im a 4 stroke guy, but i respect and like banshees to

I've got an honest, no bullshit question... How do you keep a timing chain in that thing? Is there a brand I don't know about? The 2 MX bikes I sponsor/build go through one (chain) a season (12 races roughly and the practices) That is one of the reasons for my 'reliability' stab earlier..... The other is piston life, the YFZ below goes through a piston a season and the Suzuki one every 2 seasons. (The piston life is acceptable considering the duty cycle)

I've tried several after markets, and have resorted to OEM.. One bike is a SUZ450 and the other YFZ450 quad. SUZ is stock except for my porting and a custom ground cam (not very aggressive lift) The YFZ is my porting, 3 mil and CP piston, and web intake cam. Dynos a broad torqued 69 HP for the YFZ. They both kick ass on the track and the SUZ was 1st last season and the YFZ was 2nd-both 2nd year racers.....

Thanks JLO.... Just didn't know if there was something (chain) lurking around out there I didn't know about.

I agree with the posts above about Dyno numbers.... They are a tuning tool not a race performance predictor. We have a dyno in the shop here, and I hold local Dyno shoot-outs with it too. Amazes me the credibility people put into these things :) 200 HP put to the ground incorrectly can be totally shamed by 50 HP set-up right, in a race!!!! JLO not only makes power, but puts it down too :)