sleeve question

im with carbine when the machine shop did my cyls he bored to far over and couldn't hone finish them correctly I blew up, they payed for a new set of prolites next size up, think of it like this your paying good money for him to do the work for you if they stuff up they need to fix it or compensate to fix the problem for you

Years ago, I had a machine shop bore a pair of RD400 cylinders for me. The reed cage mounting flange hangs down below the cylinder base. They didn't block the cylinder up to clear. They called me up after they bored the 1st one way crooked and told me that it didn't clean up and that I needed to buy bigger pistons. I went down and picked up the cylinders. When I got back to my shop, I realized what they had done. I went back there with my machinists square and proved to them that the bore wasn't square with the base. If it could have been bored straight, it would have been on the last bore. I made them buy me a brand new cylinder from Yamaha and also pay my builder for the porting on it.

LA Sleeve shouldn't be any hotter than a stock one. The only place that would apply is if it were an aluminum cylinder (Nikasil).. Then they wouldn't be boring it in the first place:).. Check your tune. Now, with all of that said there are situations where this applies-Like the thicker skirt repair sleeve for the lt 250r, or the sleeve inside a sleeve on the CR 500- I do a LOT of resleeving, and I have to say it's not the sleeve's fault your cylinder is running hot