Stock Cyld Porting Change?

Currently I am running stock cyld 4mil HRJ dune/play port - question is could i have it changed into a drag port? Secondly, can i still bring it out on the occassion to ride in some wide open fields and whatnot with friends? And I am still going to be running pump fuel.

Alright I get that. Completely understandable. Not to sound too cheap but I just didn't like the cost of race fuel lol gotta pay to play so I am defenitly open to switching her to race fuel. That in mind along with the rest of my build (listed below) what do u think I may need to tweek/change to accomplish more overall power? And idk if it matters but I'm looking at cam @ redline to do my cylinders. His dyno numbers are amazing and he's a great guy to talk to.

My setup is currently 4 mil stock cylinder dune/play ported for pump fuel.

Billet intakes w/ internal cross overs

Vforce 4's & 35mm pwks

Shearer in frame sb/sf

Timing +7

Stock fuel tank w/ dual pingel, klotz supertech 32:1

Trans has been pro moddes, mod shift star & shaft running FAST clutch.

I'm running a +8 swingarm and 22" pro wedge tires

Hope that helps! Thanks guys!

How do you get away with +7* timing advance on pump gas?

BTW, you didn't list what type of head you're running and what size domes, I'm guessing ~24cc's?

And as far as running pure race gas, you can probably do a 50/50 blend race gas/pump gas to help offset the cost...

How do you get away with +7* timing advance on pump gas?

BTW, you didn't list what type of head you're running and what size domes, I'm guessing ~24cc's?

And as far as running pure race gas, you can probably do a 50/50 blend race gas/pump gas to help offset the cost...

I ran +8 on 91 with my 392 and 19s ya give the motor what it wants

Yes im dragging on hard packed dirt and clay tracks. the wedges do great in those! As far as the head, its a pro design cool head and I think the domes are 20 or 21cc, not sure because kevin had them custom cut. Current compression is right at 150-155 psi. I think Im just going to take a step in the direction of race fuel and a drag port from redline. I dont have any signs or issues of detonation at the time, but i do not want to risk it either so i think im going to back her off to +4 until i get my new setup.

BTW im running stock banshee class. I dont know how it works elsewhere but stock banshee here requires "stock cylinders, no big bores, no nitrous, no tire studs, no engines over 400cc". So with that in mind I am trying to stay in those limitations. I have a 4mil cub in the works, I am just going to need a chassis to put it in once I am finished because that will be a whole nother banshee class.

Lastly -- Back to one of my main questions, with a drag port on race fuel, will i still be able to take her out of the trailer to an open field so me and a few friends can cruise and drag race around for anywhere from 2 - 6 hours in one day? - Mind you this wouldnt happen too often. Or is the drag port going to significantly reduce the time between top end rebuilds and overall engine life?

I hear what you guys are saying. I appreciate all the input for fuel and riding recomendations! I am going to bite the bullet and run pure race fuel, its what I want for the new setup I've decided. I spoke to cam today and we have an idea for what I'm going to be looking for and as usual he was verrrrrry helpful. Even talked me into an over ride lol. Anyhow its been a fun setup and its time to amp it up a bit for next season! Thanks again to all. Maybe some other members in the middle of such a decision will read this and it will help out.

Johnny, i had the same motor as you for a few years. I had about 167 compression, ran race fuel and ran aout 6.5* of timing. It ran great for what it was. I hated the hassle of race fuel. For me it was the long drive to get it was worse than the cost.

My only recommendation is get a n-down 1-5 dunable override. My override helped me win me more close races than any little bit more of power could of.

I personally dont like drag ported banshees. It's not fun to ride. I play round and do other stuff.I seldom drag race. I'm doing a big 10mil build now but im afraid due to the power, it wont be near as fun as my old 4mil will. So i wont recommend add power to your bike. ill let you decide when to go with some different cylinders, fuel type, carbs or whatever. Good luck with your choice.

I ran +4 timing on 93 pump gas with 19cc domes. i lost a bore and top end due to detonation right after i finished my build.. I didnt give the motor what it wants. Then i switched to race fuel. I dont blend fuels, i believe in running strait race fuel since it's consistent. It's the safest thing do to IMO.