smashed electrodes.

Tried that. I tried timing from 75 thousandths all the way up to 110. It actually occurred less with more timing. The motor runs strong and other than the plug issues, guys at the track know my machine when it ran, it hauled ass. Pulled off my fastest time yet at the beginning of the year. And I can only imagine the power it would have if I could figure up what this stupid little issue is.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a tech bulletin from VP Fuels. I have primarily race with their fuels & found the bulletin to be correct for our tuning.

" VP "C" series racing fuels show a lean appearance on spark plugs compared to other racing fuels,"

" With correct jetting the plugs will look some where between a new plug to a very light gray color, if there is a yellow tint present that means your are to lean. If there is a green tint you are very lean. A spotty or solid dark gray indicated you are to rich."

We have ran across all these conditions & found them to be correct.

What do you fix first, domes, timing or octane? LOL! Something is not happy & you need to get it fixed fast. It will start damaging other things, if it hasn't already.

If it was me, I would lower the compression. 500' is starting to stretch it out a little bit. We primarily run 1/4 mile & really notice a difference with the lower compressions.

If you are going to take the fuel route first, I would try C14 Plus.

What do you fix first, domes, timing or octane? LOL! Something is not happy & you need to get it fixed fast. It will start damaging other things, if it hasn't already.

Shoot me a text.....8145058437 if ya have time

If it was me, I would lower the compression. 500' is starting to stretch it out a little bit. We primarily run 1/4 mile & really notice a difference with the lower compressions.

If you are going to take the fuel route first, I would try C14 Plus.