20cc domes on pump gas?

jacowils

Im at 700 feet and have a set of 20cc domes for my cool head and am not sure if im in the safe zone or not. Mods are k&n pods, boyesen power reeds, .020 over with wiseco's, dmc 916's and cool head obviously. I would do a compressions test but my engines in pieces and the cylinders are off being bored right now.

sorry to tell you jacowils......your gonna be over.  Im about 95% sure you're going to be too high to continue on jut straight premium fuel.  My setup I run 20cc domes, k&n pods, fmf fatties, vf2 reeds, and a dune/play port by Jeff at FAST and my bike runs absolutely great on premium fuel.  However.....your setup being that it is still on the stock port jobs (I think it is because you never mentioned a port job) will have more compression when you put in 20cc domes vs if you had a port job done and then tried the same 20cc domes.  It has to do with the port timing.....when the piston moves past and either opens or closes the ports.

Let me see if I got this straight. Earlier you started a thread asking what kind of head you have. It was determined that it is a White Knuckle head and White Knuckle gave you their phone number. So, you ordered 21cc domes that are specific to their head, and they sent you 20cc domes, because they don't make 21 cc domes for their head anymore? That's BULLSHIT! That would be like going to McDonalds, ordering a Big Mac and have them hand you a bag with a McChicken sandwich  in it because "They don't make Big Macs anymore"

• Like 1