Upgrading my 421 serval

Are these OG rockets or the R2s? Hopefully R2s I mean whats the point of testing a pipe nobody can get their hands on besides pure curiosity? If thats the case thats cool too.  Just wondering and im most definitely hoping you guys get some cpi on that motor

Rocket and CPI will both do better in a pipe test than some think if the bike is geared to simulate the load of racing.  Any large volume pipe needs the exhaust gasses to be at maximum temperature to come into sync.

Any dyno runs that do not spin the drum close to 80 mph on a 85+ horse engine will not show true potential of the engine or pipes on an ATV dyno. A car dyno does not need that much gear with the large rollers.

Low exhaust gas temperatures in a large volume pipe will stop expanding and tumble, this acts like a wall inside the pipe.

A 17/41-43 gear works good on 20 inch tires and a 19/41-43 gear works good on 18 inch tires.

Using an eddy-brake will only simulate racing with your foot on the rear brake and will not let the engine peak at its natural RPM.

Dyno runs with too low of a gear ratio will almost always have a bigger numbers with a smaller volume pipe, smaller stingers help as well to get a flash number under geared.

Are these OG rockets or the R2s? Hopefully R2s I mean whats the point of testing a pipe nobody can get their hands on besides pure curiosity? If thats the case thats cool too.  Just wondering and im most definitely hoping you guys get some cpi on that motor

These will be original Rockets. Last I talked to Tom he didn't have anything in the works and he didn't renew his sponsorship, so that leads me to assume he wasn't going to be building anymore R2s. Maybe someone can confirm that, but it has been at least 8 months since I talked to him.

Rocket and CPI will both do better in a pipe test than some think if the bike is geared to simulate the load of racing.  Any large volume pipe needs the exhaust gasses to be at maximum temperature to come into sync.

Any dyno runs that do not spin the drum close to 80 mph on a 85+ horse engine will not show true potential of the engine or pipes on an ATV dyno. A car dyno does not need that much gear with the large rollers.

Low exhaust gas temperatures in a large volume pipe will stop expanding and tumble, this acts like a wall inside the pipe.

A 17/41-43 gear works good on 20 inch tires and a 19/41-43 gear works good on 18 inch tires.

Using an eddy-brake will only simulate racing with your foot on the rear brake and will not let the engine peak at its natural RPM.

Dyno runs with too low of a gear ratio will almost always have a bigger numbers with a smaller volume pipe, smaller stingers help as well to get a flash number under geared.

Cameron has both an ATV and car dyno. I will talk to him and see which ones he wants to use for the most accurate results.

He does a lot of dyno testing on various motors on each dyno so hopefully we will see some good accurate numbers for each pipe.

I too think that Rockets and CPI will yield good results. Both pipes are severely underrated.

Well that would be quite a drive. Was just curious. Thought it might be cool to come check that test out and also get to meet some of you guys

Portland is a direct flight from KC, so it's easy for me to fly out. Then Sweet Home is about an hour and a half from Portland.

275 thats a deal, gonna have an entire fleet of yaris rental cars at the next dyno day i can already see the carnage

Hahaha. I talked to Cam last night about that. I'll see what's available when the time comes.

Shannon rented us a pretty sweet Buick or something this year. Fucker was nice.

Would powder coating or ceramic coating the pipes help keep cases at a higher temp? Works on trucks/cars. I've got my long tubes on my trucks coated but solely for looks.

I personally wouldnt mind what the numbers as long as rpm and the curve was accurate. Im more concerned on where they make power over each other, now necessarily how much.

griff, what color scheme you going with? I may try flip flop from black to red. Going see sample after lunch today :)

Edited by RagunCajun