2 Into 1 Carb Jetting

coolhuh

I have a 2 into 1 carb setup with a 34PJ carb and a k&n pod filter.  Thunder pipes, boysen reeds and ported reed cages. I have a 52 pilot and 180 main but way to rich, oil comming out the pipes. I ride the glamis area.  Any suggestions on jet sizes?

Thanks

Need more info then that... how does it run at wot?? how does it idle?? Do you feel like your constantly revving it to clean it out?? Does it sputter until you hold it wot?? Does it hesitate?? Start first kick when cold?? start first kick when warm??

It runs good WOT, the idle is fine, but I have to rev it alot to clean it out. If I give it partial throttle to take off it has a slight hesitation. It does not sputter when I hold it WOT. It starts first kick cold or hot.

Thanks

'Try adjusting the air screws and see where they like to be at. If the motor revs up, then your motor likes it. Turn the idle back down w/ the idle screw..If you don't notice any rpm change, then adjust to throttle response. Find the best setting between .5 turns out to 2.5 turns out....If the setting likes to be 2.5 turns out, then try a 50 pilot and readjust the air screw. I'm guessing your pilot is too rich and loading up when your off throttle....

I would say that you should run a 48 pilot and a 172-175 main jet and the clip on the 3 spot. Make sure that your reed pedels are new and strong with the 2-1 kit. I ride in glamis and this is what I ran. Before I had old reeds and I had to run a 38 pilot because the reeds would let both run into on and just mess everything up. So after talking to harry about this he told me to get new reeds. Good luck and these jets are for a 35 pwk so it might be a little different.

I have new reeds and ported reed cages. One other thing I am concerned with is the gas consumption. It took less than 2 hours of trail riding to run completely out of gas, including the reserve. Could this be because of the fat jetting or would it be something else.

Thanks

I have new reeds and ported reed cages.  One other thing I am concerned with is the gas consumption.  It took less than 2 hours of trail riding to run completely out of gas, including the reserve.  Could this be because of the fat jetting or would it be something else.

Thanks

The rich jetting doesn't help and is there any fuel running on the ground from the overflows??

I did find some gas running out of the carb also, after I rode it there was excess oil all over my exhaust tips.  Could my reeds or ported cages have anything to do with this or would it be the jetting.

Thanks

Jetting...if the carbs leak all the time, then the floats are out of whack and need to be adjusted...