BANSHEE PROBLEMS BIG TIME NEED HELP ASAP

ok so im new to this forum and this is my first forum ever joining. so thank you. IM HAVING HUGE ISSUES WITH MY BANSHEE.

ill start off by saying its an 04 with milled head. toomey t5 pipes and silencers BRAND NEW TOP END HASNT BEEN RODE ON YET 40 over. ngk b8es. 150 compression on each cylinder. choke tube is installed. ive cleaned reeds and carbs numerous times. boost bootle is installed. everything seems looks in order. no leaks all new seals and gaskets.

MY PROBLEM>>>>>> only the left cylinder is firing like it should. the right is pinging but not running. smoke out left side. small amount exits on the right with no pressure as if it was a dead cylinder but awesome pressure out exhaust on the left. ive crossed the plug wires. swapped the carb internals. swapped reeds. switched plugs. checked checked and rechecked for air leak or something not right. the TORS is unhooked. with it hooked up it actually makes me have no spark. checked wires nothings open or frayed. i cleaned all my grounds contacts. minus from throwing expensive parts at this because i already over extended myself with the engine rebuild not knowing this thing was gonna have a bunch more problems. fresh 93 mixed 40-1. i had spark on the right but wasnt firing. i figured i flooded it. so i took a spray bootle top and took my top end off and squeezed the trigger to get the excess liquid out of the crank which was only gas. thought was a nifty trick. put new gasket ob base cylinder reinstalled everything. in this part i actully found an acorn in my exhaust before putting it back on. took out the exhaust blockage. let it sit. started it in hopes the acorn was my problem blocking exhaust flow. NOPE same problem. this thing is a PITA and i cannot figure out why for the life of me the right side has air fuel and spark but aint running. wont even fire with a shot of starting fluid. im completely lost. i talked to the local mechanic who is lost. he named a few things i went over them. i dont have an extra banshee to swap parts and i dont have a multimeter, but all in all theres no reason for it anyone with any ideas shout back, thanks.

If you were able to actually remove fuel from the bottom of the cases then there is far more in there. Pull the carbs and reeds then let it sit over night and/or use some air to disapate any additional fuel that is in the bottom end. From there reinstall the carbs, be sure the proper bowl is on the proper carb, the proper slide is in the proper carb, choke tube on, etc, etc... Will filters off and choke off use a bit of starting fluid and give it a kick.

Also, what jetting and needle position is your current setup?

If you were able to actually remove fuel from the bottom of the cases then there is far more in there. Pull the carbs and reeds then let it sit over night and/or use some air to disapate any additional fuel that is in the bottom end. From there reinstall the carbs, be sure the proper bowl is on the proper carb, the proper slide is in the proper carb, choke tube on, etc, etc... Will filters off and choke off use a bit of starting fluid and give it a kick.

Also, what jetting and needle position is your current setup?

^^ that and check pickup coil gap and actual leek down test.

as far as a leakdown test i know 100% there are no leaks. im ruling out the leak down test. as far as the fuel sitting in there. i did remove 90% that was sitting there. left it sit and put it back together. it was dry. spun crank nothing got wet and had a very good look see at the bottom of the case. pistons are in correctly. yesterday i did swap the carb slides still only fired left side. the bowls werent mixed up during cleaning i did them seperate and individually. my reeds are good. the pick up is gaped properly. today im going to pull the flywheel and reclean the inside of the flywheel and the stator plate completely. lmao and i deffinately have the pistons in correctly. i double checked. arrows out exhaust little windows in the back. im stumped. the exhaust is no longer blocked. it was just one acorn. i even let it sit in mineral spirits and soak emptied and dried. i trimmed the coil wires already. its really weird i might be mistaken but it seems like i lose spark on the right side. but still no avail only the left side pulls enough to run. but i did think that the right side was weak to almost non existant.

I am also going to mention i have had a local mechanic/friend on the phone telling him all my steps and all my concerns. discussed the whole issue. hes stumped as well. wants to pick it up to look at it but i dont believe thats neccisary. i wouldnt mind starting from scratch tryin to fix it. but lets rule out piston direction. i dont have the means or knowledge how to do a proper leakdown test. but i did replace every gasket and seal and bearing in this thing and applied a light film of permatex black around the case surfaces. i completely ran every inch of this engine through a parts cleaner also before rebuilding it so i know grease grime finger oil anything is off it. motor looks brand new inside and out no dings in surfaces that joint. i really have doubts on leaks. reed cages have gaskets and tight. clamps on everything. so im really leaning towards weak spark and maybe a carb issue

guess i should also state the rod being broke didnt cause any major damage to the case. little dings but they were cleaned up by my friend who does polish work and such and that if i put one plug wire on the right side with no plug on the left it wont fire the right cylinder on its own

Edited by cnofear@blindingspeeds