Kicking around going diesel

sprinklerman

do you reset it after every fuel up?

Not after every fill up, only when I want to check mileage, in the pick my fuel gauge shows full, I have a Titan tank and it will stay on full for around 150 miles or so before the needle moves.

What gearing does your truck have Josh?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

3.73 gears

Yet the toyota is the only truck to ever climb a volcano, in real life not on some game.

Yeah i watch that topgear episode. Toyota hilux with a vodka/ water mix spraying on the tires. They used that same truck to go to the arctic circle.

TON!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2001 Powerstroke extra cab 4X4. I usually get 17-18 mixed driving on a tank with stock suspension, stock tires and 3.73 gears with a 100hp tune.

I got 15-16 without the tune.

4R100 trans.

trans died at 114k, replaced 2 injectors and at 190k the hpop is getting tired. time for a T500 hpop

I drove D-max, 5.9 dodge and 6.7 dodge (both new in 07) when I bought the Powerstroke.

Chevy was most expensive(and IFS), dodge was cheap feeling and rode like a buckboard wagon, and the ford was just right for me to pull my toyhauler and toys to glamis.

^^Cummings banghead  banghead

Im partial to dodge own a 12 CCLB Laramie and a 97 puller.

My dad is a chevy guy and owns a 05. No problems. If I was to go newer I would go for dodge. Couple fords at work (brand new) already needed motor change and a transmission swap. New chevys are nice but more pricey and pay attention to the back seat room compared to dodge.

If you don't need one right away I'd wait a year or 2. They're going to do away with thus Urea DEF and nobody's going to want these trucks that have it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

What motors have 0 balls? IH has a 550hp maxxforce that has more real world power and better fuel mileage than most of the DEF engines. Those engines I listed above are all equipment powerplants anyhow. Audi's new clean diesels have plenty of balls without DEF. I'm not a diesel prophet, I'm just saying emissions can be met without it, so don't be surprised if it goes by the wayside to better technology.

Deere, Isuzu, Mercedes, and Volvo have already certified engines that pass without using it.

please provide links to these facts. working for volvo for the last 15 years the trend was towards scr. the new euro6 engines have scr. Maybe you mean the cng engines they are moving towards. i was in a feild test on natural gas engines a few years back and more recently talked to some engineers promoting the shift to natural gas. it sound crazy but 20years from now most highway tractors will be fueled by an alternative fuel. Interested in reading about your certified non scr engines.

What motors have 0 balls? IH has a 550hp maxxforce that has more real world power and better fuel mileage than most of the DEF engines. Those engines I listed above are all equipment powerplants anyhow. Audi's new clean diesels have plenty of balls without DEF. I'm not a diesel prophet, I'm just saying emissions can be met without it, so don't be surprised if it goes by the wayside to better technology.

Sorry, my bad. I forget we're talkin pick up trucks.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

The old cng was low compression throttle body type system. new tech has high compression and direct injecton. Hp and tq numbers are close to diesel only problem is fuel tank size. would be real interested in the equipment info when you find it. volvo penta stationary engine info ive read promotes scr as well. I mis spoke when i said it cant be done without scr. i personally dont see the megr system lasting very long. that technology was the minority. kinda like caterpillars dpf system that disappeared from the market for awhile. i think all pickup platforms have scr for 14.