what's your opinion?

Chris327

so long story short.... i was going to get a guy to rebuild my shee' and wanted it done right and got fucked almost $1000 now i'm just going to do it myself while i get my money back. i was going to go with the 4mil crank setup but don't know what crank or pistons to get? right now i have .40 over bore and was thinking about going with a vitos 4mil crank with wiseco pistons and do you guys think i should just get different jugs while i'm at it?if so whats your guys' thoughts on cnc port matched piston ring cylinder assemblies, thanks

i have about 900 im willing to spend but not so sure about the 421 serval, way too much money... and i'm planing on getting it ported to match the 4mil

If the serval prices scare you, you're (yeah bitches it's spelled right) best off to sell your (that 2) junk and buy a vespa.

If you are starting from scratch you better budget at least 2K.  To do a 4mil you are going to need a crank, pistons, a cool head (with domes cut for a 4 mil) and  porting to make it run right.  Thats a minimum.  To do it right you may as well put a good clutch in it or you will be soon.  More than likely your stock clutch basket is beat to shit so get a billet basket and replace the pressure plate and inner hub.  If you dont do all that, you will be on here after you ride it the first time asking why your bike creeps in gear when the clutch is pulled in.  By the time you buy gaskets o rings sealer etc etc you are gonna chew up a good portion of that 2k.

Now  Since you are in there get a pancake bearing, mod the shift star and the shift shaft (replace that fucker if its worn).  Take a look at the impellar they are known for being fucky.  Also what kind of pipes do you have?  Reeds?  Carbs.   Next thing you know you got 4 grand in this turd. 

If you are on a tight budget, stay with the stock crank.  Get it welded and trued.  Keep your stock cylinders, have them bored to clean them up and put some new pistons and wrist pin bearings in it.  Seal that bitch back up and ride it.

If you are starting from scratch you better budget at least 2K.  To do a 4mil you are going to need a crank, pistons, a cool head (with domes cut for a 4 mil) and  porting to make it run right.  Thats a minimum.  To do it right you may as well put a good clutch in it or you will be soon.  More than likely your stock clutch basket is beat to shit so get a billet basket and replace the pressure plate and inner hub.  If you dont do all that, you will be on here after you ride it the first time asking why your bike creeps in gear when the clutch is pulled in.  By the time you buy gaskets o rings sealer etc etc you are gonna chew up a good portion of that 2k.

Now  Since you are in there get a pancake bearing, mod the shift star and the shift shaft (replace that fucker if its worn).  Take a look at the impellar they are known for being fucky.  Also what kind of pipes do you have?  Reeds?  Carbs.   Next thing you know you got 4 grand in this turd. 

If you are on a tight budget, stay with the stock crank.  Get it welded and trued.  Keep your stock cylinders, have them bored to clean them up and put some new pistons and wrist pin bearings in it.  Seal that bitch back up and ride it.

i'm not starting from scratch... i have a pro design cool head w/ 21cc domes, 35mm keihin carbs, chariot high flow impeller, chariot intake manifold, vforce 4 reeds, fmf gold series pipes, and have fresh gaskets o rings sealer etc i was also going to get tz pancake bearings.and about the clutch i have on now is new but stock, will that work? and was thinking on getting vitos trued & welded 4mil crank w/ tz bearings ($450) weisco pistons ($130) 2mil domes ($?$?) dune port from kevin ($300) so that puts me around $1000 budget. what you guys think?

still not enough man.  Trust us...we been there.  The gaskets cannot be reused.  New domes are about $75.  Your "new" stock clutch is going to get raped within the first year so your gonna need to beef it up.  Your also forgetting shipping, tranny fluid, the pancake bearing.  Its going to be more than your expecting.....

and again.....when I said expect about $300 for the rebuild portion I meant expect about $300 for the rebuild......you can't just throw a set of wiseco pistons in and run it.....you have to bore and hone.