superstock pistons? 06 rebuild

I have a 06 banshee, had a rod bearing go bad, broke a few peices off the rod and sent it up through the cylinder. So I want to buy a new crank, obviously pistons and run a cool head, had it bored 60 over now. It is not ported or anything, and really don't want to go that route. Just have pipes and a adjustable timing plate. Was just wondering what the deal was with the superstock pistons? So any suggestions for a crank, piston, coolhead and dome size combintation that would work the best while having the timing plate and keeping it on pump gas ,and give me the most power would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Go 4mil long rod, cut domes, and ported for the 4 mil... Its a very reliable pump gas set-up... The Vitos SS pistons mimic a raised exhaust port ( port job) Vince claims +8hp with his pistons... But, I don't know anyone who has used them...

The SS pistons do exactly what they claim.

Great bolt-on mod for quick easy upgrade.

You won't get the better bottom end power of a port job. But for someone with very little upgrades, it's a good steping stone to power.

You will have to make jetting changes and it's better to learn about those adjustments on a basic set-up. Otherwise you might trash nice ported cylinders before the jetting learning curve is complete. SS pistons really liven up a motor with pipes and +4 timing.

long rod you need either stroker pistons or blaster pistons and 110 rod you can use std type pistons. most prefer the 115 due to less side load but its not a huge difference. plenty of people run the 110 rod. porting however will be different for each so contacting the builder and get on the same page...

I would still throw in a 4mill long rod crank even if you do not have it ported. Might as well since the crank needs replaced and if your going with a new one get a Genuine Hot Rods 4mill crank from FAST. They have them on their site for $435, vs a vito's knock off for the same price. Look up "Wang Crankshaft" on here and see what you think.

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=78

Edited by jbooker82

• 7 months later...

DON'T BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO RIDE IT WITHOUT RE-JETTING!

It will burn down and trash the pistons and you'll end up being one of those people who question the piston quality. You GOTTA jet it!

Once you do it will make even MORE power.

• Like 1

Will do, its down right now again, for bad o ring anyway. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk

Blown O-ring from detonation? From riding it too lean? JET IT!