What Are The Best Pipes For Going To The Dunes?

What is the best pipes for going to the dunes?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i had pro circuits for my banshees first year of it's life...

i only ride dunes here in oregon, my pro circuits did everything i wanted and more (cept go up banshee hill but that was because i had shitty Kenda Trakkers...another story)...they had plenty of of power all around and very managable (spelling)

i have t5's now...i like the top end pipes the most...if you're a beginner or kinda hesitant to the bikes speed, go for a mid range pipe because you'll be more apt to play in the middle gears....

if you go balls to the walls ( like any banshee owner should ) go for the t5's or a top end pipe...

and yes CPI inframes are hella nice (just no low end)

hope this helps

Mike

It really depends what you wanna do out there in the dunes (playride, flat drags, hillshooting or all of the above) But personally i think the better "all around" pipes would be FMF's Toomeys and maybe CPI's I used to own a set of FMF's and they hauled ass, they gave me power whenever I needed them to And they would haul ass when I would hillshoot as well. But if you wanna go for a more drag oriented engine then I would suggest going with CPI's or another inframe drag pipe.

the t6 is even better than the t5 atthis site they have a comparison chart....just click that pic of the t6 pipe on the banshee on the first page then when it loads to a new page(bunch of writing) scroll down u will see four comparisn charts but the one between the t5 vs. thet6 might not be there i might have seen it at a diff. site but u will find those charts usefull :D

Not to add to the Pro Circuit fame :rolleyes: , but I have tried FMF, Toomey T5's, and Pro Circuits. Of the three I like the Pro Circuits for the best *duning* pipe. I think they have better bottom to mid than toomeys and still pull from them on the top. But the FMFs have the best bottom to mid...

Looking at Dyno charts between FMF and toomy I can see Toomy's have more top, but FMF's make more power than toomys everywhere throughout the powerband except for a little bit on top.

So for me I like FMF's since im constantly speeding up around the big bowls and slowing down a little for the transition from one dune to another. For hill shooting the FMF's will pull out first (assuming both atv's are identical in every other aspect and properly jetted equal rideser etc) But after you hit your max speed the Toomys will be behind you slowly gaining on ya...or thats how it should work compairing dyno tests to he T5's Vs Fattys.

Im not sure how the SST and T6's compair but I hear fattys will be better than SST's if you decide to someday get porting again acording to dynos. However CPI's are better than both when ported.