1-2" Longer Kicker?

Strm Trpr

I have a set of Raptror 660 IMS Foot Pegs that move the peg back ~2" and down ~1".

If I'm not careful when I kick the bike over I crash my toe right into the foot peg... ouch!

I know this is a longshot, but does anyone know if anyone has ever made a 1-2" longer kicker that fits onto the stock kicker base?

Here's the left side with a -2" Pro Design Shifter.

IMG_20120423_184034.jpg

IMG_20120423_184022.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol you cant start a banshee without hurting yourself

Haha, that's pretty funny...

Of course I can.

It sucks because you can't get a full kick when your foot lands on top of the peg.

I'm going to get his done with before and after pics...

Hella busy at work right now.

I'll try and knock out a model of the new kicker at lunch today.

Although I do have two buddies that are professional welders,I don't realy want to cut and weld.

If it fails in the dunes and I do not have a spare kicker to revert back to stock, then my wekendis fubar.

Yamaha doesn't sell just the kicker lever.

Tthey want you to buy the whole assy for $113 at RMATV.

eBay has them for +$80...

You're being paranoid. We trust our lives to welds every time we ride. Frame, A arms, swingarm, etc. The only way that the kicker could not be welded successfully, would be if it was made out of cast iron. Trust me, it's not. If it was, you could clamp it in the vice, whack it with a hammer and break it right in half. Show it to one of your welder buddies and see what they say. But, it's your kicker, your confidence level, you decide.

After holding the kicker lever in my hand, it's definitely not cast iron, it has to be forged.

It's not a matter of trusting the welds, I just don't want to cut and modify two kickers to make it work.

I have two banshees, so one would be without a kicker and from my post above they're not cheap to replace.