Silvervein

TheNewGuy

depending on where you live and what shops are by you, it all varies from shop to shop. start calling ! most every shop is familier with quad frames so dont think your questions are unusuall, and if the person on the phone is a dick, then take your business elsewhere, just my .02 though. later

most every shop is familier with quad frames so dont think your questions are unusuall, and if the person on the phone is a dick, then take your business elsewhere, just my .02 though. later

Exactly!!! And also remember that they are your parts, so don't be afraid to tell them what YOU want. Color, where to mask ect. I have NEVER been to the same powder coater twice. I'm never happy enough to actually go back for another screwing. They either have over charged me or screwed up my parts after telling me "Well take care of it. Just drop it off". :blink::angry:

so if im not careful, powdercoating could actually be a bad idea?....are there any other options besides this, cuz painting rubs off eventually...i could get it dipped i guess but that'd probably add about 25lbs....

Mike

No powdercoating is not a bad idea. It is the best "paint" you can use on your frame. Silvervain is very durable coating also. It sounds like Cotton eyed Joe has had some bad experiances with coaters. Just make sure you tell him what YOU want and do not accept shotty work.

niceness!

im not getting this done right away, im 18 and have to get a job (nobody is hiring around my area) to pay for it,

im at least shooting to get coated mid winter...or at least have my frame in their shop by mid winter...so i can get it out and together by springtime...

i'm gonna call around to the local shops and see what kinda deal i can get...

thanks for all your guys' help!

Mike

wow i just called the shops around here and they wont powdercoat the FRAME for under $300...yeah that's just the frame, no swingarm or a arms...just the frame.....i sure hate oregon.....

oh yeah they said they wouldnt do silver vein on a bike frame because that's an "indoor color" and it wont hold up....anybody have any words against that or are they right?

thanks again

Mike

ok update,

i can get my frame/swingarm done SILVERVEIN for $250...he wont do my a arms tho because there's a plastic bushing on the end that will melt when put in the oven...but hey nothing a rattle can of black wont fix!!!!

time for mikey to get a job to get his frame all pretty!

silvervein is probley one of the most durable colors to use on an outdoor product, that why most lift kit manufactures us it on there products and lonestar offers it as there standard color, id say find another shop man. later

oh yeah they said they wouldnt do silver vein on a bike frame because that's an "indoor color" and it wont hold up....anybody have any words against that or are they right?

thanks again

Mike

My frame is powdercoated silvervein and it has held up fine. Looks just like the day I brought it home 4 years ago. I know that they powdercoated clear over the top of the silvervein, I just assumed this was standard practice.

Why not just ship it to Evil and let him PC it for you.

I have silvervein on my shee frame... It was done at least 6 years ago at least and it has held up great! If I wasnt planning on going crazy on my shee custom paint) then I would just leave the frame alone... I'm VERY pleased w/ mine done in silvervein.

by the way... I paid 175.00 to blast and p-coat the frame, a stock swingarm, and a few brackets. (they also just sandblasted my old T5's for the total bill of 175.00

you can do the a arms. the catch there is the liable issue, if your PCer cooks them and they F up then you could hold them liable for it, i have done several a arms and found you can do them without messing the teflon bushing up in them. anyways good look post some pics when you are done with it :lol:

i wonder if they'd give me a discount if i sandblasted it myself.....only problem is, they might not be able to get it in RIGHT then i guess and there's risk of it getting rusty since it's the winter months...but i guess that's only a $25 (abouts) discount...anybody know about how much it'd be to ship a frame/arms to like MO and back from oregon?...doesnt hurt to do a little shopping around the country either

Mike