Bike is a bitch to start

Uf21

no-one is going to dignify that question with an answer, when you where at school..did you fail lunch?

What's wrong with the question?

I'm trying to diagnose a problem. Maybe with low compression it's hard to start even when the engine is warm. Maybe not.

Just a question. If it is low compression is it hard to start when the engine is warm and cold?

You need to just go ahead and check compression. If it's low they will normally start easier once warmed up.

If you're down near 100 pounds of compression it's time for a rebuild.

You need to just go ahead and check compression. If it's low they will normally start easier once warmed up.

If you're down near 100 pounds of compression it's time for a rebuild.

Thanks all I wanted to know. I bought a compression tester on ebay and waiting for it to come.

Now its time.for a leakdown. An air leak will certainly give you head aches likewhat you are experiencing

Does any sponsor sell leakdown testers?

Also if there was a leak it wouldnt be reading 110 psi would it?

It would be hard to start if jetting was lean. An air leak would mimic lean jetting. Clean the carbs and do a leakdown. I built my leakdown tester for around $25 and got everything at home depot. It is all built from pvc pipe and 2 rubber cabs to seal the exhaust ports. I am pretty sure there is a thread here on how to do it, but it is super easy.

Let me put it in a way that you should be able to understand. When you take a hit off your bong, if you don't put your thumb over the clear hole, you have a giant air leak and you aren't going to suck in very much smoke and you're not going to get stoned. It's the same thing with a 2 stroke. If you have an air leak because of cracked intake boots, leaking reed gaskets, or leaking base gaskets, you're sucking in straight air, instead of air mixed with fuel and OIL, and your motor will turn into a brick.

• Like 3

Let me put it in a way that you should be able to understand. When you take a hit off your bong, if you don't put your thumb over the clear hole, you have a giant air leak and you aren't going to suck in very much smoke and you're not going to get stoned. It's the same thing with a 2 stroke. If you have an air leak because of cracked intake boots, leaking reed gaskets, or leaking base gaskets, you're sucking in straight air, instead of air mixed with fuel and OIL, and your motor will turn into a brick.

couldn't have said it better myself 

leak down tester is easy,

just use your stock bumper ends to seal off the exhaust flanges with hose clamps.  go to the hardware store, buy some pvc pipe and cap ends to suit the pipe (measure your carb flange to find correct size pipe to slide into manifold)  go to a tyre joint  ask for a rim valve, they will prolly give it to you. get a 3/8 barb to stick into one of the cap ends, and on the other cap end glue/thread the rim valve into it.  glue the cap ends to the pipes.  then all you need a low pressure gauge, to join to the barb. and use a bike pump to pump air into the motor  to 6psi. make sure that fucker holds 6psi over 6 minutes.

like this

542086_10151187116432002_618895004_n.jpg

leak down tester is easy,

just use your stock bumper ends to seal off the exhaust flanges with hose clamps.  go to the hardware store, buy some pvc pipe and cap ends to suit the pipe (measure your carb flange to find correct size pipe to slide into manifold)  go to a tyre joint  ask for a rim valve, they will prolly give it to you. get a 3/8 barb to stick into one of the cap ends, and on the other cap end glue/thread the rim valve into it.  glue the cap ends to the pipes.  then all you need a low pressure gauge, to join to the barb. and use a bike pump to pump air into the motor  to 6psi. make sure that fucker holds 6psi over 6 minutes.

I went to bunnings for a low pressure gauge and they dont have it, if they dont have it I dont know where else to look since that is the biggest hardware store.