Need to buy a stator for my 93

I have a 93 I'm currently putting back together and need to get a stator, Thinking about getting a racetech but will have to splice in a newer style connector. Is there any other stators besides oem that are worth screwing around with, Thanks for your input

I hope I have the same luck and don't have any issues, I have 3 oem stators and they are all bad, just getting the shee put back together after splitting the cases to fix a welded clutch ball and wanted no issues when it fires up

Edited by Hooptiee

2 of the 3 were from a parts lot I bought, the one on the banshee before the dismantle would miss at high rpm's, and got rusty while it sat. I used a multi meter on all 3 not that I know how to use the damn thing, and had these readings with the stators on the bench using connector terminals. Stator 1 yellow to black wire nothing, white/red stripe - white/green stripe 118, green - red 18,   Stator 2 yellow to black - nothing, white/red - white/green - 118, green - red 16. Stator 3 yellow to black nothing, white/red - white/green 121, green - red 18. I don't know if I tested them right but the yellow to black didn't give a reading on all 3. when I rebuilt the top end last year my builder put the quad on his dyno and it showed the miss on it also which he told me that it might possibly be the stator. With my luck all 3 are good, lol

Those readings are all good. On the yellow to black your ohmmeter should read between 0.26 and 0.38 Ohms, darn near zero, maybe your tester wasn't set to the correct value range, that is the lighting part anyway. My meter has a tone at zero and it sounds on known good lighting stator circuits

Green to red on stator Your ohmmeter should read between 13.7 and 20.5 Ohms

The striped wires from the pickup coil You should have between 94 and 140 Ohms

I pretty sure you have 3 good stators

but the high end miss, who knows, my bet would be plug wires, or caps, but could be anything breaking up.

Guess I should of waited to buy that new stator never thought of the flywheel rattling, I have 2 flywheel's and they both rattle. I retested the 3 stators I have with my multimeter on the 200 setting and still nothing on the yellow to black wire so my meter must not go that low. Looks like I'll throw a couple of these stators on ebay and buy a flywheel. Thanks everyone for your input

• 2 weeks later...