VP Racing Fuel

Sands

This is what we found with the Q16 running 300', 1/8 & 1/4 mile. Our baseline jetting for most conditions is 182 main using non oxygenated fuel (C14). We follow the high side of VP's fuel flow increase of 6% recommendation. The math works out to a 10.92 increase over the 182. While we have ran on a 192 main jet, our best runs on all surfaces come with a 195 main jet. FYI, we use 39-41mm PWKs.

STY, does that c14 use more fuel then say a regular sunoco 110? What was needed to be changed to go from C14 to Q16? Where did your times change with the switch? Im looking into running oxygenated possibly.

We have never used Sunoco fuels. We have used VP 110 & Rocket Brand 111. The tune-ups are the same as C14.

On our set-up or style of racing the only change from the C14 to Q16 is the main jet size. With other types of riding, you would probably have to richen the air screw, pilot jet & needle a little.

As for the times, Q16 is worth an easy .10 in 300', around .15 in the 1/8 mile & 1/4 mile. A trusted source at VP says, Q16 makes more peak HP than Methanol, but Alky will make more torque. We have ran both fuels & find they are very close in performance, with Alky providing a very small performance advantage.

STY, does that c14 use more fuel then say a regular sunoco 110? What was needed to be changed to go from C14 to Q16? Where did your times change with the switch? Im looking into running oxygenated possibly.

I used to run the Sunoco 110 for years and have been messing with a lot of the VP stuff lately. I built the new 4 mil to run on C12 and noticed that the fuel is not only more consistant, but it runs cooler and has a better resistance to detonation. Then this winter I couldn't get C12 at the local shops so I bought up some C14. Since it has a different gravity it is a much lighter fuel but that means the motor will consume more of it. I jetted up from a 162 in the winter on C12 to 168 on the C14. I did manage to get away with more timing on the bigger tracks with out any detonation or excessive heat increases. The latest fuel I have been playing with is the VP113. It is oxygenated and it really does work! Jetted the bike from the winter baseline of 162 for C12 to 172 for the VP113. I also gave the needle a clip richer and went from a 60 pilot to a 62. Came out of the turns harder and took the 7/8* of timing and ran way cooler. I did even try my other set of short track domes with much more compression and it was a throaty sum' bitch and it carried the long straights with out any detonation but it did start to build alot heat after about 10 laps. So the fuel isn't a cure all, but if you learn to play with it you can get some cool results. I have even thought of trying my short track domes with the Q16 on the half mile tracks but I think I need some shearers to let it over rev more then my rockets to allow that.